Irish moodlers?

Irish moodlers?

by Joe Griffin -
Number of replies: 4
I've just joined the Moodle community and while it is great to be part of a virtual community like this I was wondering if there are any other Moodlers (is that what we are called?) in Ireland.  I'm at the University of Limerick.  I'm currently working on a PhD on the use of asynchronous communication in computer supported collaborative learning with students studying Computer Ethics.  I'd be interested in hearing from others doing anything similar (even from outside Ireland)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joe Griffin

Re: Irish moodlers?

by Jacob Romeyn -
Hi and Welcomebig grin

Look at :http://moodle.org/sites/

There are three sites in Ireland
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Floyd Collins -

I am Irish decent but I have lived in the USA all my life, I want to someday visit Ireland. My family name was once O'Colleanins, now in the US it has been changed to Collins.

In reply to Joe Griffin

by denis cahalane -
Hi Joe, (and Floyd), I've only just spotted these messages. We're running Moodle here at Dublin City University, and finding it better every day. As Jakob points out, the Tipperary Institute have it as well. I think the other site listed may be defunct.

In reply to Joe Griffin

by Françoise Blin -
I have just come across your message.

I too am from DCU and I am trying to finish a PhD in Educational Technology on CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) and the development of learner autonomy. I am very much into Activity Theory and to a lesser extent, into CSCL...

This when I am not trying out new things with Moodle (I have three 'real' French for Science and Technology courses on Moodle at the moment)

Talking about CSCL, I would like to see Moodle offer more possibilities for assigning different roles to different users (or withing different courses).

And as regards ethics, I am really uncomfortable with the idea that I can login as one of my students...

Would you have any ideas on this?

Françoise

PS I am in very close contact with UL colleagues in Languages