Self-enrollment isn't workingh

Self-enrollment isn't workingh

by Mark Miller -
Number of replies: 3

I'm using Moodle 3.4 with the Boost Theme.

I have email registration set-up and it's working fine.

Users who wish to enroll in my baptism course are supposed to be able to self-enroll. They can't.

I've been through Moodledocs.  They speak to how to set it up, but it's pretty cryptic.

Most of the examples begin with "Administration> etc".  I can not figure out how to get to "administration"; best I've been able to do is "site administration".  That isn't correct as the rest of the path doesn't have the same actions as Moodledocs shows for "administration.

The docs make reference to using the gear icon in the participants section.  I've looked and can't find a participants option.

Moodledocs also mentions that the self-enrollment must be enabled twice, once ion the course itself.  And I can't find where I can do that either.

I've got 95% of the site done, but that won't be very helpful if no one can enroll in the course.

Can someone, using small words and speaking slowly explain exactly what I need to do to make this work?

I'm indebted to you.

mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Miller

Re: Self-enrollment isn't workingh

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You are using the Boost theme, yes? I will try to clarify the docs today.

Here is a video tutorial we did for a course we ran. It might help you.If not, the look at the instructions below the video:

So first of all you need to ensure you have Email-based self registration set up so that people can actually create accounts in your course.

Then you need to click into your course and you will see a "navigation drawer" on the left with links such as Participants, Grades etc

Click the link Participants and then you will see a little cogwheel/gear icon on the right. 

Click the arrow to the right of it, and then click Enrolment methods

You will see a list like the below. Click to "open the eye" of self enrolment.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mark Miller -

Thanks for coming to my rescue.

That was the tiny piece of the puzzle I was missing.

I am now doing the happy dance.

Mark

In reply to Mark Miller

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for prompting me to clarify self enrolment in the docs