Fordson 1.7 (& 1.6) - no difference between manual and auto completion icons

Fordson 1.7 (& 1.6) - no difference between manual and auto completion icons

by Brian Evans -
Number of replies: 4

I am using Moodle 3.4.1 with Fordson 1.7 as my theme.

I mostly use auto-completion for my assignments but occasionally I give my students a paper quiz and want them to be able to check off that they have completed the quiz.

However, the icons for manual completion and auto completion are identical, making it difficult for my students to figure out which activities they should check off themselves, and which will be checked off automatically.

I could manually edit the icons but I assume that these would be wiped out by updates and I'd rather not have to worry about this.

Is there a reason for them to be identical?

Also, can anyone suggest a good way to change them without having to redo the change after every update?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Evans

Re: Fordson 1.7 (& 1.6) - no difference between manual and auto completion icons

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Great catch!  The auto completion usually has the dotted line instead of the solid box.  

I made the new icon and it will be included in the next release which is an update to version 1.7.  

In the meantime, you can drop this in the root/theme/fordson/pix_core/i/ folder.  It is the new icon.

Attachment completion-auto-n.svg
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Fordson 1.7 (& 1.6) - no difference between manual and auto completion icons

by Chris Kenniburg -

The changes are now on github.  Will be in Moodle.org repository later this week.

https://github.com/dbnschools/moodle-theme_fordson

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Brian Evans -

Thanks!

I am a high school teacher and, once I tried your theme, I uninstalled all of the others.  It really is perfect for a middle or high school setting.

In reply to Brian Evans

by Chris Kenniburg -

Great to heat that feedback!  We are a K-12 district and we really try to listen to our users and if possible provide ways to make it easier.  Glad you like it.

Out of curiosity, what state are you in?

Have you tried the Easy Enrollment Plugin?  Works like google classroom by generating 6 digit codes for each course and group.  A student puts in the code on the site homepage and they are instantly enrolled in your course and/or the proper group.  It is fully integrated with the Fordson theme.   New icons and an enrollment form magically appear once the easy enrollment plugin is activated that make using it much easier to use.  It's an enrollment method just like any other.