Any way to access Site Home when Dashboard is set to default?

Any way to access Site Home when Dashboard is set to default?

by Nicholas Stefanski -
Number of replies: 2

Please excuse me if there's a better forum to post this, but since it has to do with Appearance settings, this seemed the best spot.

We just upgraded to Moodle 3.4 with the Essential theme about a month ago and love the new functionality added to the dashboard, so much that we have changed that to be the default homepage for all users. However, unless I'm mistaken, the only way to add blocks to the sitewide context is on the site home page, and this page is now unavailable (trying to navigate to it directly just redirects to the Dashboard).

Now, I know I could switch the default homepage to "user preference" in order to work on the front page, but then whenever I'm working on it there's the possibility a student could navigate there by accident and get lost because they're not used to it. I am hoping there is just a way I can access the site home directly without changing settings back and forth. Anyone else experience this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicholas Stefanski

Re: Any way to access Site Home when Dashboard is set to default?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

There should be a Navigation block either the old style or the Flat navigation if it is has been set? If you have not found it yet then try looking in the Footer area on your Dashboard, assuming you are the site's Admin?

When you find the Nav block the link title is Site home.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Any way to access Site Home when Dashboard is set to default?

by Nicholas Stefanski -

Thank you Mary! We are not using the navigation block on our site, hence why we couldn't find it.

I also found the direct URL I need to access is just our site address with the added parameter `?redirect=0`