Browse for users by email in "Enrol Users" menu

Browse for users by email in "Enrol Users" menu

by Emil Kogan -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, 

I'm a site administrator. When performing a manual user enrollment for the course, I open the "Enrolled Users" menu then click on "Enrol Users". While in "Enrol Users" window in order to find specific user I input a search criteria into a search field. As a search criteria I can use either a name of the user or part of email address - before or after the "@" - and I get the results. The problem is that another team member who is defined on the system level as "manager", "teacher",  "course creator" and "Authenticated User", for some reason cannot use the email address as search criteria in the same window, i.e. when he does he gets no results. 

What should be modified so this user would be able to search for users in "Enrol Users" window using the email address criteria?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emil Kogan

Re: Browse for users by email in "Enrol Users" menu

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Emil!

I guess you'll need to enable the "Email address" option to the "Show user identity" (showuseridentity) parameter in "Site administration | Users | Permissions | User policies" (it's enabled by default, but perhaps you've removed for some reason):

When selecting or searching for users, and when displaying lists of users, these fields may be shown in addition to their full name. The fields are only shown to users who have the moodle/site:viewuseridentity capability; by default, teachers and managers. (This option makes most sense if you choose one or two fields that are mandatory at your institution.)

Hope this helps! smile

Cheers!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Emil Kogan -

Hi Sara, 

Thanks for the answer!

"Email address" is enabled, I checked it before and verified again.

When my teammate searches for users in "Enrol Users" window, both the name and email address are displayed, similar to my user. But the difference is that I can search for users by any part of name or email address - before or after the "@". My teammate can search only by user name and the first part of email address before "@". For example if I write in search "gmail", I will get the list of all the users that have @gmail in their address. If my teammate makes the same search he gets "0" results. 

By the way we are using Moodle 2.6.

Thanks!

In reply to Emil Kogan

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Emil!

I guess this has to be some kind of Moodle 2.6 issue because I'm not able to reproduce it in the currently supported versions sad

I would recommend you to upgrade as soon as you can smile

Best wishes!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emil Kogan

by Sean McKenna -

Hi,

If it is available allow "See full user identity in lists." I know the question is a little old but I could not find the answer anywhere so I am posting it so others may find it.

Thanks,

Sean