Delete a user from all the groups

Delete a user from all the groups

by Hussain Faruhaan -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

I have been trying to search for a plugin/ a way to delete a user from all the groups he/she currently is in within their enrolled courses without un-enrolling them from their course.

I have separate yearly subjects (eg. Accounting 2017 Intake) as courses. Whenever a student un-enrolls from the school we want to keep that student's account suspended, instead of deleting fully. And also keep the student enrolled in the course for further reference. The problem is that the student still shows in the courses' groups (eg. Class 12A) and causes confusion.

Right now I have to manually go to each course and remove the user from the assigned group (eg. Class 12A). Is there any way that we could delete a user from all the groups in all the courses that he/she is currently enrolled in using a few clicks?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hussain Faruhaan

Re: Delete a user from all the groups

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are suspending the user, they shouldn't show in the course..

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello Emma,

When we suspend a student, their enrollment is still displayed on all courses they were enrolled in.

Are you saying that the enrollments should no longer be active for courses with suspended users?

Best Regards,

Shirley

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can filter them out in the gradebook - select show only Active Users.  Suspended users cannot access the course.