Uploaded zip, relative links, videos

Uploaded zip, relative links, videos

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I uploaded a 'web package' as a zip file and unzipped it. The file resource contains the 'index' HTML file and a sub-folder containing videos. The videos don't play (it all works outside of Moodle). 

In the HTML file the links are relative links to the video inside the folder. 

In Moodle, the link seems to have been rewritten as a 'pluginfile.php' URL but opening that in a new window results in a 'file not found' error. 

I've honestly got no idea how this is supposed to work or what is going on. 

I tried it with the Multimedia filters both on and off - no difference. 

Can anybody shed any light?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Uploaded zip, relative links, videos

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

"Rubber ducking" again, but in case it helps anybody else. 

Curse of Windows. Videos folder was named 'Videos' (large V) but links to folder were 'videos/'. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Experience is a wonderful thing ... it enables you to recognize a mistake ... when you do it again! :\

Boy!  Don't I know that!!!! sad

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Howard Miller -

....except.... "I vaguely remember seeing this before...." big grin