Add Resource interface inconsistency

by Dave Howard -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

We have a Moodle 3.1 installation on linux with the following configuration"

Apache Version2.4.29
PHP Version5.6.32
MySQL Version10.1.24-MariaDB-cll-lve

When I go in to the site as primary site admin and select 'Add an activity or resource' I see the newer pop-up window with the full list of activities at the top in left column followed by Resources (see attachments). When I log in as one of our site content developers who I have elevated to site administrator status, the two options for adding activities/resources appear in the older style as two distinct drop down text boxes. Nothing is different on my end (browser etc.) other than the log-in account I am using. 

There is no functional issue but I am trying to simplify the user documentation so the difference surprised my when a user could not follow the directions I provided. 

Any idea why this is occurring and whether I can make some change to ensure all users see the same dialogues? Thanks!

Attachment Add activity dialogue that content developer admin sees.JPG
Attachment Add activity dialogue that primary admin sees.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Howard

Re: Add Resource interface inconsistency

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In Moodle 3.1 users can individually turn the activity chooser on or off from the Course adminsitration block. Log in as that user, turn on the editing and see what it shows in the Course admin block in a course.