- All Moodle navigation and course navigation is located in the top navbar.
- Activity Module menu is still located in the gear in the upper right of the module page as it makes sense to have the module menu within the module you are wanting to edit.
- My Course drop down displays list of enrolled courses in the top navbar.
- New "This Course" drop down menu displays what was previously in the Nav Drawer. This is all that is needed to hop around the weeks and topics of a course.
- New icon buttons in top navbar: Course Management, Course Dashboard for students, Site Administration, and Easy Enrollment Course Codes (if you use the Easy Enrollment plugin).
- Course Management and Course Dashboard for students will now open in a new modal pop up from anywhere within the course.
- Turn Edit on is always visible. Clicking button will return the user to the exact spot on the page they were at previously. No more scroll to top, click edit, scroll back down.
- No more nav drawer. All menu items are accessed via the top navbar either in a drop down or the modal pop ups.
- Blocks remain where they are and when editing is turned on the Add a Block box is right there where you need to add blocks and not hidden somewhere on the other side of the page.
- The page layout is two columns content and blocks.
- The course title is now a link that will take you back to the course homepage. Sometimes breadcrumbs get messy or people don't use them. They are lost trying to get back to the course homepage.
- This Course drop down also contains the following quicklinks: Course Homepage, badges, competencies, and calendar for the course.
- Button icons in the top navbar have tooltips so that you know what they do without someone having to tell you.
We think consolidating all the navigation in one area is a huge usability improvement. We are excited to share the improvements but would like some feedback for more enhancements.
If you have a development site and want to checkout our latest changes try this: