Future of moodle-text-editors - TinyMCE or Atto or booth?

Re: Future of moodle-text-editors - TinyMCE or Atto or booth?

by Andrew Roberts -
Number of replies: 2

We would be open to supporting TinyMCE as a third-party add-on... particularly as we ramp up the features available in TinyMCE Cloud over the next 1-2 years.

Of course, we aren't Moodle experts so would need some help in doing this.

Doing this work needs to be balanced against other priorities, so any indications that it would be something your institution would consider - please ping me or contact our team via https://www.tinymce.com

In reply to Andrew Roberts

by david fernandes -

Did somebody tried to upgrade the tinymce editor just replacing the "inymce\tiny_mce\3.5.11" folder by a "4.7.13" version and doing some easy things like :

1/ extract standard TinyMCE package into lib/editor/tinymce/tiny_mce/x.y.z/
2/ bump up editor version in lib.php to match the directory name x.y.z
3/ bump up main version.php
4/ update ./thirdpartylibs.xml
5/ execute cli/update_lang_files.php and review changes in lang/en/editor_tinymce.php

etc.

In reply to david fernandes

by Abhishek Das -

Hello Everyone,

I know I am very late in this discussion. But would like to know that whether in Moodle 3.5 is it possible to upgrade tinyMCE 3.5.11 to 4.9.0. I tried as per the steps mentioned by David, somehow the upgradation completed successfully but unable to see the Editor instead of plain teaxarea.

Please let me know since I have to complete one priority work for my project. If the part is not possible I will think about other alternative.

Thanks in advance.