error message box with no error message

error message box with no error message

by Chip Wiegand -
Number of replies: 3

I am getting an error box that has only one word: undefined. At first I thought it was only my moodle, but then just now when I loaded this very page I received the same message, and a second json error message. This wasn't happening yesterday, or this morning, it just started in the last couple hours. (And I now notice that this very text box has empty icons for all the different text options.) I'm using FF57.0 64bit, on Win8.1Pro. And I'm using the latest moodle version, this is a new install just 2 weeks ago. The box that says undefined requires anywhere from 4 to 8 clicks before it goes away.
Any ideas what the cause and fix might be?

Edit: Now I'm using IE and I'm not getting those errors you see in the screenshot. So apparently this is a FF problem?

Attachment screenshot-moodle.org-2017-11-29-15-30-01.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chip Wiegand

Re: error message box with no error message

by Chip Wiegand -

It's a curious thing, but whatever the cause of those message boxes, both here on moodle.org and on my own site, has disappeared. I installed Opera, and had no issues, now I have gone back to FF and and reloading pages that were displaying the errors, and no problems now. I did no updates to FF. Very strange.

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Version of Moodle is?

Did you take the 'tour' when/if it popped up?  As admin account and as regular account ... or as a test account/any user?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Chip Wiegand -

This is the latest downloadable version, I don't recall the version number, I just installed and started using Moodle a couple weeks ago. I was logged in with the admin account when those message boxes were popping. But as I mentioned, it seems it was only temporary, but very strange, with no apparent cause or effect. Then it just stopped as mysteriously as it started.