IOS App

IOS App

by Lee Hensley -
Number of replies: 5

When my student tries to use the app all we get is an S3 error. Is there something I need to tell her on how to set it up to work? Also do my students just click the use app button on the site?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Hensley

Re: IOS App

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Lee

Yes they just click the use app button on the Moodle site , from wherever they wish to record. That should open the app all configured to submit the recording to the correct location.

I am wondering if you could send a screenshot of that error? And are your students recording from China? I am not sure how fast or reliable the connection to S3 services is from there.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Lee Hensley -

Yes We are recording from China. And I will upload a picture of her phone after our next class. Only student having problems left. the rest changed to using Ipads and the recording works fine with it. I-phone is still a real problem.

By the way love the poodll. Will definitely renew at the end of my contract.

Do you think it could be the location setting in the app? it is set to US-west.

In reply to Lee Hensley

by Justin Hunt -

Well if the app is working from iPad then the region is probably not the problem. But setting the region to the closest to you is probably the best. I think that would be Japan (Asia Pacific-Tokyo). I am glad Poodll is working out.

Maybe the students network connection was not good?  I am just guessing. If we can see that error message it might help.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Lee Hensley -

update last class we clicked the app button in moodle and waited for ten minutes and all it did was say "authenticating" did not open the app and so we did not get to the s3 error.

In reply to Lee Hensley

by Justin Hunt -

Hi Lee

Can I get a little more information about the issue?

i) When you click on the 'app' button, is the blue button below what you are referring to?

Poodll App Button

ii) What version of iOS is the student using?

iii) Is it just one student, or are other students also having the issue?

NB If it is iOS11, on the latest version of Poodll it is no longer necessary to use the app.