3.4: Cannot drag-and-drop multiple jpg file

3.4: Cannot drag-and-drop multiple jpg file

by Walter Byrd -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 3.4

I am logged in as admin. I am using firefox 56.0 (64-bit). Running Linux.

I am trying to drag the files into a folder I created in my private files.

The files are about 30K each. I have been able to drag-and-drop as many as four, but I cannot do any  more than that.

Sometime nothing happens, no error message, it just does not work.

Other times the jpgs all open in separate tabs.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Byrd

Re: 3.4: Cannot drag-and-drop multiple jpg file

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

FireFox has been upgraded to 57.0 (64bi).  Saw updates available for CentOS 6 and 7 servers today and more than likely Ubuntu has it also available.

Have a fresh install of a 3.4 ... using the upgraded FireFox on MacOSX, no issues with drag and dropping 5 files in private files.   No problems adding a file or two via drag and drop there after.

Question ... since you also reported sometimes the images opened in new tabs of the browser ... after you have group selected the files to be uploaded, are you 'throwing' over towards the dialog box for drag and drop and thus maybe missing when releasing the mouse.   OR are dragging the grouped files over to the dialog box for drag and drop and NOT release the mouse button **until** you see the dialog box set focus?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

Re: 3.4: Cannot drag-and-drop multiple jpg file

by Walter Byrd -

I have tried this a few times, and I have tried to be careful. Maybe it's possible I released the mouse button too soon, I would have to do some controlled tests.