PDF and ZIP files gets corrupted in Moodle after uploading them to a course space

PDF and ZIP files gets corrupted in Moodle after uploading them to a course space

by Ahmed Eissa -
Number of replies: 3

Dear All,

Today I faced this issue (same as the one on https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=125296

I tried all possible solutions in that third with no joy.

Could you please help me and I will be appreciated?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmed Eissa

Re: PDF and ZIP files gets corrupted in Moodle after uploading them to a course space

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It doesn't seem very likely as Moodle doesn't open the files. 

Can you step through what you did and how you established they were corrupted by being uploaded?

How big are the files and what is your maximum file limit. Are they getting truncated?

In reply to Ahmed Eissa

Re: PDF and ZIP files gets corrupted in Moodle after uploading them to a course space

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Not sure I can help, but ... that posting to which you referred has been closed (2009) *and* dealt with version 1.9 of Moodle from what I saw.   Been a major change to files in Moodle 2 and 3 - not in Kansas anymore! ;)

I see you've said you've tried things ... mind disclosing what you have tried?

As well as moodle version and hosting setup.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ahmed Eissa

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

It would also help to know which version of Moodle you're currently using. In any case, just as the others said, please elaborate on the steps you've taken to add a PDF or ZIP file to the course.