Prevent new user going to profile

Prevent new user going to profile

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

Is there anyway that i can prevent users going to the profile page on first log in? I would like them to access the FrontPage first.

I am using version 3.3.

Thanks,

Leticia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

Re: Prevent new user going to profile

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi Leticia,

From Profile page did you mean "Dashboard". You can change the default navigation page after login for user by following steps:

Site administration > Appearance > Click on "Navigation" link. Then change the "Default home page for users" to Site instead of Dashboard.

Hope this will help.

Happy Moodling smile

In reply to S. kavita

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Hi,

I am referring to the first time the student logs in. It defaults to the profile page, when i want them to go straight to the frontpage.

I have the default home set to site.

Leticia

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That depends how you are creating your users...

If you are using some kind of external database for authentication, like LDAP, you can set it up so that all of the required profile fields exist in the external database and are automatically mapped over when they first log in. That way your users just go straight to their dashboard or front page (depending how your Moodle is configured) without ever seeing their profile page...

HTH,
Jon

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Witts

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Hi Jon,

Thanks sounds exactly like what i'm looking for.... my site uses LDAP and soon will add SSO. I also use manual accounts.

Do you know of any information on how to set the divert up?

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

With Manual accounts I don't think you have an option regarding users completing the required profile fields. 

However with LDAP you should be able to get those required fields added to their LDAP records (speak nicely to your network admins if you don't have edit access to the LDAP database!) and then map them across in the LDAP Auth section. Read this doc page for more info: LDAP_authentication#Data_Mapping

HTH,
Jon