How to prevent learners from downloading videos that post on the course ?

How to prevent learners from downloading videos that post on the course ?

by waddah adil -
Number of replies: 3

Hello i want to ask how can i stop course participants from downloading videos that i post it in the course page, so that they can watch it only .

Best regards

Waddah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to waddah adil

Re: How to prevent learners from downloading videos that post on the course ?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can't. Even if they don't see a way to download it, they can record the screen with screencapturing software - several of which are free - and keep the video that way.

In reply to waddah adil

Re: How to prevent learners from downloading videos that post on the course ?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Common misconception.  Anything on the computer screen can be captured, including videos, PowerPoints, PDFs, Word, etc.

But if you really want to prevent this, make sure that your turn on your video only when students are physically present in front of you, in the same room.  Then turn the video on, and walk around the room trying to observe what students are doing, and watch to see if they are downloading the video.  Then tell all the students to leave at the same time, then "hide" the video.

Alternatively, get all the students together in the same room, and you then play the video for everyone (in front of the class.)  In other words, don't give the students access to playing the video on their own.