I turned the debugger on as you suggete and now I have no access to moodle at all

I turned the debugger on as you suggete and now I have no access to moodle at all

by Ursula Williams -
Number of replies: 5

I am running Moodle 3.2 on a private server and I could not restore any of my courses so I read some or your instructions and I was told to turn on the debugger and when I did that I received a long error message.  Please help

Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '-05:00' is invalid in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ci_moodle\lib\classes\date.php on line 211

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ci_moodle\lib\classes\date.php:211) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ci_moodle\lib\classes\session\handler.php on line 42

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ci_moodle\lib\classes\date.php:211) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ci_moodle\lib\classes\session\handler.php on line 42

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ursula Williams

Re: I turned the debugger on as you suggete and now I have no access to moodle at all

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is your date.timezone setting in php.ini set to something sensible for a start.

How did you enable debugging?

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: I turned the debugger on as you suggete and now I have no access to moodle at all

by Ursula Williams -

yes it is set to central time zone in usa and I clicked on debugging in the administration inside the Moodle site

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In your config.php try setting 

$CFG->timezone = 99;

In reply to Howard Miller

by Ursula Williams -

Thank you so much that did work.  Maybe you can help me with the restoration of some of my courses.  It allows me to back them up and then when I try to restore it will stop at number 6 and says that the data cannot be found but it is in the moodle files.

by Howard Miller -

Is this restoring into the *same* Moodle site that backed up the courses?

Now you have debugging on, what is the "full" error message and any other warnings you get? You may have to look in your web server's error log.