Automated Backup Database Table

Automated Backup Database Table

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -
Number of replies: 4

Where is the record for automated backups saved in database? A automated backup report is generated then surely it must be saved in db somewhere.

I would like to find the list of shortnames of the courses backed up. The report shows full name list only so want to know the db table hopefully that will have the shortnames or the course ids listed.

I found mdl_files with filearea = backup, but this is not listing the automated backed up courses.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

Re: Automated Backup Database Table

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

What do you really try to achieve in final step?

Because you tell us you want to have shortnames, but don't explain why...

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -

Thankyou for the response,

Aim: To get the backup report consisting of short names also. (The names given to the backup file when it is created)

In reply to Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

With your query try:

select filename,component,filearea from `mdl_files` where (`component` like "backup" and `filearea` like "automated")

The filename I think is actually determined by settings for the automated backups ... what to include in the filename ... shortname and/or course ID.   Might also be good to use an alternative location for the autobackups ... ie, not in moodledata/filedir (a sea of files by contenthash names) to a designated directory outside of moodledata/filedir/   Setting it that way allows you to see the humanly recognizable name.

It's best not to mess with the code that does all that nor manipulate the database directly ... unless one really knows what they are doing.

'spirit of sharing', Ken