Moodle course restore

Moodle course restore

by Joseph Diarte -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all, 

I am in the process of migrating our Moodle environment from 2.9 to 3.2, we are also moving from ORACLE 11g to MSSQL 2012. My Moodle environment is up and running using MSSQL 2012, however I cannot restore a course from a course back up. 

Every post I have found said to increase your upload size limit to fix the issue, i did this. Next suggestion is to upload using FTP, I cannot do this as our policies do not allow us to have FTP installed on our app servers, however i am using SCP to upload the files to our Moodle environment.

The backup is only 9MB well below the 100MB limit i set. 

Any help is welcome and thank you!

Below is the current error I get when performing a course restore in our new environment. 

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 24192 of 24192 bytes in /var/www/html/moodle/backup/util/dbops/restore_controller_dbops.class.php on line 97

A required parameter (filepath) was missing

More information about this error

Debug info: 
Error code: missingparam
Stack trace:
  • line 496 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 567 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to print_error()
  • line 460 of /backup/util/ui/restore_ui_stage.class.php: call to required_param()
  • line 308 of /backup/util/ui/restore_ui.class.php: call to restore_ui_stage_destination->__construct()
  • line 59 of /backup/restore.php: call to restore_ui::engage_independent_stage()

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Diarte

Re: Moodle course restore

by Joseph Diarte -

I figured out my issue....

Looking at this post   https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=345675 Usman Asar talked about  Network Packet Size and that 4096 was not big enough. 

I had our DBA change the Network Packet size to 8192 and everything seems to be running smoothly now. 

The only odd part is that I was able to restore 4 courses after I made some PHP.ini config changes for upload size and time out. 

No clue why course restore stopped working, however changing the Network Packet Size did the trick. 

Thank you Usman Asar, for your post in a previous discussion. I would never have thought the network packet size was the cause of my course restore issue.