File Upload Size Maximum

File Upload Size Maximum

by Mike Helmick -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, I am using Moodle 3.1.8. My current site upload limit is 8mb, so I am unable to upload large files. I was wondering how to go into my Moodle server through CPanel and upgrade my site upload limit to accommodate for these larger files. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Helmick

Re: File Upload Size Maximum

by William Stewart -

You have to edit the max upload value in your php.ini file, and the reboot apache for it to take effect. You can find this under the administration block, server, php info, and search for the location of the php.ini file. Or use this address: http://your-domain/your-moodle/admin/phpinfo.php

In reply to William Stewart

by Mike Helmick -

I am unable to find the php.ini file

In reply to Mike Helmick

by William Stewart -

Using the address posted earler, it will show you the location of the php.ini file on your server.

In reply to William Stewart

by Mike Helmick -
I followed your suggestions and I am still unable to find the php.ini file
In reply to Mike Helmick

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It might help us (seeing as you were told how to find the php.ini file) if you tell us in  a bit more detail what problems you are having tracking down the php.ini file. 

However, I noticed in another post that you are using cPanel which probably means you have no access to php.ini anyway. You will probably need to take this up with your hosting company.