The Moodle Mobile and UX team at Moodle HQ are pleased to announce that a new version of the Moodle Mobile app will be released at the same time as Moodle 3.5 (around May 2018).
What will the new Moodle Mobile app look like?
The new Moodle Mobile app version will come with several UX (user experience), performance and design improvements.
The new changes we are going to implement will give the app a modern look & feel, making it easier to use by learners and teachers. In our objective effort to offer a seamless experience between devices, the new app design will be more consistent with Moodle 3.5.
To make the new app awesome (in terms of look, feel and usability) we needed new frameworks and tools. This also means that we also require the use of modern mobile devices.
Hence the new Moodle Mobile app version will only work on Android 4.4 or iOS 8 onwards devices.
If you have an older device you will still be able to install and use older versions of Moodle Mobile app.
How would this change impact site administrators and developers?
Administrators will need to upgrade to Moodle 3.1 onwards if they want the new app to work on their sites (older Moodle sites will still be supported via a legacy app).
Developers will need to update their remote add-ons to Ionic 3. We are working on an easier way to support Moodle plugins in the app so developers would be able to choose whether they want to update the remote add-on or support the plugin via the new “easy way”.FAQ:
Is it going to be a totally new app in the stores?
No, it will be just an update of the existing app.
I’m using the app in a very old device (Android 4.3 or iOS 7) what will happen?
Your Moodle Mobile app won’t be upgraded to the new version but you will be still able to use your current Moodle Mobile app.
My site is running a Moodle version lower than 3.1, what will happen?
The new app version won’t work for your site. App users will be notified about this when logging-in. They will see a notice with a link to download the legacy app for old sites.
I developed a remote add-on for the app, what should I do?
We’ll still support remote add-ons if they are upgraded to use Ionic 3 but at the same time, we’ll be providing an easier way to support Moodle plugins in the app.
This new way won’t be compatible with all the existing remote add-ons although, for example, if you want to develop a question type you would still need to create a remote add-on.
What will happen with existing remote add-ons in the new app?
If they are not upgraded, they won’t work.
Hi Juan, sounds good and thanks for alerting me about it, as we were about to embark on some development for remote app add-ons. Sounds like quite a major change...
A few questions here:
1. If the legacy app is still supported (for old phones from before 2014 when Android 4.4 became common) then shouldn't remote add-ons actually be provided potentially in both formats? I.e. there should be something in mobile.php allowing you to specify if an add-on is 'new' or 'old' format, potentially allowing different files for both? Obviously we don't really want to do this but it sounds like something you might at least want to allow in theory?
2. Is there going to be a way for the site to prevent users to connect with the legacy app, i.e. a Moodle admin sertting to set a required app version? We are likely to be completely dependent on custom add-ins (so that it wouldn't do anything useful without them) - the default app can't cope with displaying our custom course formats, for instance. It would be confusing for users on older Android devices if they can download the legacy app, connect to our site, and then have a basically broken experience with nothing available, or only a few things.3. Any idea when the new app is likely to be available from the point of view of a remote add-on developer? I see the release is May 2018 but when can we reasonably start developing for it given there might be a few bugs - are we expecting code freeze in April like normal Moodle?
By the way I've just made a helpful page on our internal wiki that explains the full process of how to set up the app to develope a remote add-in; I guess this will be relevant only for the 'more complicated' version in future! I was wondering about making it publicly available but it sounds like it might be out of date pretty soon.
thanks for your good questions:
1) Yes, we plan to allow the two formats. We still have to make a few decisions but you will be able to have two zip files, one for the legacy/old app and one for the new one.
2) The plan is to notify the user that he is using an old app and he may have a bad experience when he tries to connect to a >= 3.1 site. But sounds good to have a way to prevent it so maybe we'll plan something.
3) We don't have a date yet but our plan is to support remote add-ons as soon as possible to developers can update them. End of February beginning of March sounds good (2 months). We are also working in a new way to make easier to support plugins in the app (if you don't mind I'll ask for your feedback)
I think it would be good to share that wiki page, I'm going to add a notice in all the existing ones explaining that this will get outdated soon pointing to this post.
Thanks Juan for those helpful answers. We're very happy to give feedback when you want (by the way, Tim Hunt is also involved in this from our end so if I happen to be away or something, you can ask him too).
Since our internal wiki is private, I reformatted the tutorial I wrote and made a copy in the Moodle dev wiki here. I also linked it from the page about remote add-ons. Not really sure this is useful, do feel free to delete it if necessary. The basic idea of that tutorial is that some of the documentation sort of starts from 'I want to build the Moodle mobile app' and then moves on from there to 'now how do you do a remote add-on', whereas I wanted to start from 'I know nothing about mobile development let alone Moodle mobile' and go straight to the remote add-on.
We're currently scheduled to spend just a short time investigating the app development. Tim and I talked about it and we're going to continue with the investigation (which is basically going to mean implementing sketchy versions of the current remote add-ons for a couple of our internal plugins) with the current app. That way we can get a head start with development when the new version becomes available and we'll be in a better position to make decisions like whether we can use the new simpler method, and so on!
This is very good news, is there a time frame to expect the Beta version?
Thank you for the (good) news.
I ask me something about Ionic 3 and I try to identify the best time to work on add-on for Moodle Mobile.
I saw in the tracker an issue (MOBILE-2163) about update to Ionic 3. This seems planned with Moodle Mobile version 3.4.
Do you schedule to use Ionic 3 only for the new version of May or with the next version ?
Thanks juan for a great news.
Looking forward for release.
Eagerly waiting for the moment.
Its a pretty good news.I am very happy to see..Juan i have some question about upcoming update.
1) Does new version will show Mentees block in mobile App.I think block is not visible in this version.
2) Does custom css style will change the site and login style(theme color) also ?
this is the draft spec of the new simple way of supporting plugins in the mobile app. For now, is called "Server PHP side code", we'll decide how to name it soon (maybe Site add-ons or something similar).
Please, feel free to comment.
Note that this is a draft spec of a functionality we plan to implement in following months that won't be fully documented until March 2018 and that will be supported only in the new version of the app released in May 2018.
Developers will be able to start working on supporting their plugins in March 2018 (when everything is documented and supported in the alpha/development version of the app).
How to add a Chinese cultural entry for moodle mobile application?3.32 the simplified Chinese culture is not enough.Custom language strings on your moodle platform doesn't seem to work, too?
I don't suppose the new mobile app will work with H5P?
How do I care about the compatibility of software . i have Android and iPhone (Android 6.2.0 , iPhone 7)
When i switch this app between Android and iPhone , is there any issues to happend ?
I'm very excited about the new mobile app coming in May...
I have one question concerning players (specifically audio players) within the mobile app. At the moment, the mobile app is using the default player styling for either Apple or Android. Are there any plans for creating an audio player skin specifically for the Moodle Mobile App?
The reason I ask is that I just finished collecting student feedback for a research project I'm doing related to the mobile app. Students responded to questions about how and when they used the app as well as any difficulties they encountered. The most common comment related to usability was:
"I don't know how to get back to the main (course) page after I finish a quiz" (translated from Japanese)
The other most common comments were:
"I cannot easily scroll on pages with audio players." (translated from Japanese)
"Audio player has a strange icon that is confusing." (translated from Japanese)
Concerning this last comment, it comes from students using the iPhone and refers to the icon shown in the attached images as well as the message users receive if they touch it.
Is it possible that the redesigned app will include an audio player skin that is better suited for small screens and scrolling?
Thank you for all your efforts thus far in improving the Moodle Mobile app.
right now we don't have plans to create or use any library or skin for audio players.
The problem with scrolling happens with videos too, and it's something we forced in order to make audio/video controls work fine in Ionic. Hopefully this will be fixed with Ionic 3, but I haven't reached that point yet.
The weird icon will still be shown though, I also find it confusing. Maybe it's displayed because the audio file is in the device? Do you know if it is displayed in Safari browser too?
But why my mobile phone appear some problems, I installed it, but the phone has been in the page load state, I was afraid, I have to restart the mobile phone, but after that, the software icon is still on the phone screen, but found that there are some data and other application is missing, do you have other Mobilevapp can restore or solve them ?
If your phone data is missing without backup, you still have the chance to get them back with a recovery application. Just do it as soon as possible to avoide overwritting them by new data.
can u advise minimum device requirement for next moodle mobile.
because for june, 2018 i must prepare device for student in my school program using moodle mobile for learning and test.
will you migrate all of the code to Angular 5 or will you stick to 1.6 ?
in this issue: MOBILE-2163 you will find the initial list of tasks related to the Migration to Ionic 3
Is still early to play with the new version so I'd suggest you to wait for the first week of March when we will have most of the existing Delegates implemented, an example of each type of add-on/handler and a more solid API.
Excited about the new updates and hopefully we can see some of these at the Moot in March.
Can you confirm if Bootstrap will be supported in 3.5? We use both the Bootstrap Elements plugin and Bootstrap alerts in Labels and we need to decide whether to replace them with something else or wait for the new version if it supports this.
Sorry to ask again. Any chance you could give some indication on this? It makes a big difference in terms of whether we hold on for 3.5 and reconsider our launch or amend our courses and launch now.
sorry, I totally missed this post.
We are thinking about supporting bootstrap yes, could you list here the styles (or links to bootstrap doc) that you use? or those widely used you are aware of?
I can't promise it will be ready for 3.5 though, we are really really busy and we need to check how the Moodle 3.5 boostrap 4 update will affect those styles
What’s the current outlook for Bootstrap compatibility with 3.5? I would say it needs to support all the components but as a minimum: Alerts, Buttons, Labels, Tables, Grid (all with the styled classes eg info, primary, success, danger etc).
Outstide of BS there have been issues with basic CSS styling (eg h1-6). Will these be fixed for the new release?
Thanks for your question. We are currently working on the new version and we don't have the final image of what we will support. As you may know, Ionic and Bootstrap have many things in common but also it could create conflicts. It's not easy to support everything and there are many Bootstrap versions.
However, we will support main content format classes like text-left, right, center... text-success, danger etc... In order to discuss and improve all this topic I've created an issue. We should discuss the scope of Bootstrap and Fontawesome support.
Have a great day! Cheers!
I'm looking forward to the MM update! We're looking to create an add-on, and I'm wondering if 3.5 will enable the camera on the phone and include a QR code reader. Our add-on and plugins like Treasure Hunt would really benefit from this feature. If it wasn't in your original plans, can you please add this ability? It would make a HUGE difference for us.
- Enable the camera on the phone. It is already enabled because we allow the app to take photos and record videos
- QR code reader. Not in our plans, although I imagine there will be JS libraries doing that (once you've captured a photo though)
There is no native support for a QR code reader in Cordova and, as good practice, we try to not include 3rd party plugins (because sometimes are discontinued).
Hi Juan, thanks for your reply. Good to know about the camera, and hopefully we can find a solution for our QR code reader. I look forward to seeing the new app
is there any way to change plans and include QR code reader in moodle mobile? If this happens, we will be able to support the organization of entire conferences (or other events) with moodle mobile as we've funded the development of booking plugin. We are already able to publish events in Moodle (and through web service and wordpress plugin in wordpress), book users, send them to the appropriate course, show users their bookings, communicate with them. The only item missing is to check in the users with moodle mobile, but we need support for qr codes for that ...
thanks for your time and bye
As I mentioned in my previous posts, we’ve been working on a new way for supporting plugins in the Mobile app.
We published an initial draft specification and last month we started its implementation, during the implementation process we decided to make the following changes to the initial plans in order to make developers life easier:
There will be just one way to support plugins in the app.
This new way will allow developers to support plugins using PHP code, templates and Ionic markup (html components).
This means that remote add-ons won’t be necessary anymore and developers won’t have to learn Ionic 3 / Angular and set-up a new mobile development environment to migrate them.
We’ll be updating the existing documentation during this week, providing examples (already developed) so developers will have at least 3 months to update their existing remote add-ons to the new simpler way.
Note also that if you are using “Remote themes” you will need to update them to match the new app styles (we’ll update the documentation soon so you can do it in advance keeping backward compatibility with older versions).
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us (via this forum in a public conversation) if you developed a remote add-on and you may need assistance once we've published the docs.
Hello Juan, how are you? I would recommend an improvement on auth SSO. Many users complain that sometimes the authentication token in the webview does not return.
As I use Joomdle (and many of the community), an implementation equal to "auth with mail" would be interesting. So that in the application screen itself appears Login and Registration.
here is the documentation for supporting plugins on the mobile app:
Please note that some changes are not integrated yet on Moodle 3.5 so there could be minor changes (in the PHP part)
Please, remember also that this will require your site to be updated to Moodle 3.5 or to use the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin.
If you have any doubt, please use this forum
Is this new Moodle mobile app 3.5 is available free for download from playstore....?
Version 3.5 of MoodleMobile app is planned to release in May. So hang in tight We are all looking forward to use it.
thank you for the excellent work.
Why did you decide to not support older version of moodle? It is just to encourage users to update their moodle instance or "MM New" requires particular functions that cannot be implemented like MM Additional Features?
there were several reasons for that. One of them is to simplify the code of the app, we had too many checks of Moodle version (like: if it's 2.9+ do this, otherwise do that). For example, in the new app we were able to simplify a lot the way to check if a downloaded activity needs to be refreshed.
Also, having to backport WebServices to Moodle 2.6+ using Additional Features meant a lot of work, and every time a new version of Moodle is released it's even more work because there are more versions to backport to. And not all the features can be backported with Additional Features, the latest ones like Lesson and Workshop were too complex for that.
These are the main reasons for raising the version. Moodle 3.1 is a LTS and was released 2 years ago (by the time of the release), so we thought it was acceptable. If someone wants to stick to a previous Moodle, they can always use the old app.
Looking forward to this being released around May
Can you confirm whether there will be greater ability to customise, specifically around what we choose to appear in the menu of the App and that sort of thing?
You can already change what appears in the menu via the Site Administration settings. If you go to Site administration/Mobile app/Mobile features you will see that you can disable (remove) items from the main menu.
Oh my, how did I miss that! Haha - thank you
I am using demo of moodle mobile app 3.5 on the given link. Things I found out is in design part:
1. In the course module, I have several topics. The dropdown showing sections/topics button is not user-friendly, I mean its very difficult to locate the same. See if you can give a button or something.
2. Can't user enroll for the course directly from mobile app? instead of going to a web browser!
3. On several pages for my site, new app shows "addon...attempt quiz now" "addon..startquiz" etc. like buttons.
4. List of topics in course, can have some styles.Its difficult to understand for leyman user that he/she needs click on those topics/section, which are shows just like texts.
Hope you consider this!
thank you for your feedback.
- I'll tell this to our UX team to see if they can improve this.
- In the app we support self enrol and PayPal enrolment. To do so, first you need to find the course (search the course using the top right icon in the dashboard, or navigate to it from Site Home if enabled). Once in there you should see an enrolment button.
- We fixed this.
- This is the same as number 1, right?
Thanks a lot for the reply!
1. Thanks for consideration.
2. When I click on site home as a normal user in demo app, I dont see all available courses.
3. Thanks for fixing it up.
4. Yes. Sorry for the repetition.
Now have few more:
5. I have updated language pack in moodle. For e.g. in my website it correctly updated as "Start Test Now" But in app, it still uses default language Attempt Quiz etc.
6. In topic drop-down function, can you give % of topic done by a user. This will help user to select uncovered topic there itself.
Thank you very much.
Therefore, is a link already available to download the Beta version?
Are there any images of what the new version looks like? Keen to see how the new app looks and what improvement there have been but can’t seem to find any.
thanks for sharing the link, really useful.
I'm wondering where I can find the source code on Github about this new version.
Many thanks, Fabio.
Is there a release date for this yet?
Are these directions updated for 3.5? It kind of looks like they are.
Is the 3.5 branch far enough along that it's probably fine at this point for me to start adding my customizations?
Are there plans to support Electron and desktop builds?
Thank you for the update!
I was wondering if you're planning to make over questions modes availables in the app. If I understood well, the "adaptative mode" is not available offline in the app. Unfortunately, all our activities use this mode so I would like to know if it's something that will change in the future.
Thank you very much!
Many thanks Juan and Séverin. Great to hear that a possible release is so close - and fingers crossed all goes well with the QA cycle. Really can't wait for our users to try the new app!
Should we expect a smoother build process or it is going to be the same? I am wondering if I should wait until next release to try and build the app again.
I ve always used Windows and Mac OS to build the App. However in windows suddenly I am running into issues.
Is there a significant advantage to setup the development environment in Linux? If yes is there particular Linux environment you can recommend?
Many Thanks for your time
It seems that even phonegap build is not working right now... If I can get the app to build on phonegap it's good enough for me.
I am also interested in Ayk question, I can setup a linux virtual machine if it is going to make the build process run smoother...
We are waiting for and very much excited about the new app. Is the app released it's 14th June and I have no news for the release or any documentation?
Some great news, we have a Moodle Mobile 3.5.0 beta version (only for Android) that you can download from here:
(In order to install apk files in your Android device, please follow this instructions: https://www.androidpit.com/install-apps-outside-of-google-play#setup)
Remember that you can also test the latest integrated code via the web version (requires Google Chrome): http://mobileapp.moodledemo.net/We are aiming to publish Moodle Mobile 3.5.0 the Friday 22th of June
youtube videos , mathjax is not loading.
it says "Error while loading the page content"
Has it been released?
Dear Moodle Community
I am wondering if the anyone had experience using MS office 365 integration and Azure platform as a sign on to their Moodle site? If so will the mobile App work with such configuration?
Hi chamarthi Praveen,
You have some informations on the release page : https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_3.5.0_release_notes :
Ionic 3 + Angular 5 (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=360412#p1465779)
I've been playing around with the new Moodle 3.5 App and encountered a few issues/queries I thought I'd raise, if anyone could help please?
1. When first loading the App, I see that users are directed to "Site home". On our website homepage, we have some custom links etc - so on the App it wants to open the web page if these are clicked on. Is it possible to change the home page when viewing on the App so it feels more integrated?
2. I've found it a bit confusing when navigating to a course - as currently there are only the options to either "Site home" or "Timeline". I see there is a ">" at the righthand side of "Timeline", however this isn't immediately obvious. Can we remove "Timeline" so it only features Site Home and Course or how can users easily navigate to just "Courses?"
3. Again, there are some navigation issues on actual course pages. See below - users have to click on the "Welcome to our course" section to be able to view other sections - which makes this quite hard to navigate. Is there a way around this - perhaps our course set up?
4. Can we remove the "attempts page" when accessing a course, as this isn't allowed via our website so it would be good to have some consistency between our website and the App?
5. There seems to be an unnecessarily large border at the top throughout the site, which limits the viewing size - especially for content such as SCORM. Can the border size be amended at all so it is smaller (it seems unnecessarily large)?
6. The Choice activity is not immediately obvious that it needs to be "clicked on" to make a choice before "save my choice" can be selected, as it just looks like a statement on the page. Are there any settings to amend this?
7. Is there no longer an option of a "menu" through which users can access other things, such as a "Level Up" block for example?
8. Is it possible to feature a Menu / add custom items to a menu?
I'd be most grateful for any help on this, thank you
this is a known bug and we're working on fixing it, we'll release a new version on Friday with the fix (it can take a few days to be published in iOS).
This is the issue:
- That's something we also want to do in one of our demo sites (we did it for the previous app, but now styles have changed). I recommend you to search a button in the app using the webapp, inspect its classes and add them to your link in the site. The app should receive the links with those classes and display them as buttons.
- The app should display Timeline and Courses at start (because Courses is selected), with an arrow to display Site Home, but it seems there's a bug right now. In any case, we were thinking on changing the order to Site Home | Courses | Timeline.
- This is the fastest way to navigate right now. Since some users couldn't find that selector, we also added an option to navigate in the top right menu, but that requires more clicks. We need to check how to improve this.
- You mean quiz or SCORM attempts? If that's the case, you can use CSS to hide those boxes. Please check remote themes.
- The header size is determined by Ionic depending on the platform, is bigger in iOS than in Android, I guess due to the status bar. We'll check it.
- This is the default Ionic styles, and are consistent through the app. I'll write this down to check if it can be improved.
- Blocks have never been displayed in the app (yet). The "Level Up" block was displayed in the side menu because its developer configured it like that. I know he's been adapting the plugin to the new app, so maybe now it's displayed somewhere else. If it was in the side menu, now it should be in the "More" options (the three dots) of the bottom bar. You should update the plugin to the latest version. Please notice that in order to make this work you need Moodle 3.5 or have the additional features plugin installed.
- Site administration > Mobile app > Mobile features. In there you should see an option called "Custom menu items" that will add the items to the "More" tab (the bottom tabs cannot be modified).
Many thanks for taking your time out to respond. Just a few follow up comments / feed back
1 - I guess this might be something a Moodle Partner could help us fix when we choose to work with them?
2 - Ah, yes that would be much better. Would make a lot more sense any idea when this might be fixed?
3 - Ah, I hadn't seen that option in the top right. Would it be possible to add the sections so that they appear on the course page when you first navigate to it? On user testing, a lot of our users kept trying to press on the image and title of the course so got a bit lost.
4 - Great, thank you. I'll take a look at some CSS to hide that.
5 - Yes, if you could it would be great. It just seems overly thick and takes up a lot of space.
6 - Again, thanks - it just might need a circle or a check box to make it clear, as there is nothing about it currently that says "click me"
7- Understood, thank you
8 - Again, thank you that is really appreciated
1. Yes, we have direct contact with Moodle partners so we can help them with this kind of things if they don't know how to do that.
2.The order change has been applied in v3.5.1. It was released in Android last friday, and it's pending for review in iOS (should be released soon).
3. One of the things we want to do is to display the list of sections in wide devices (tablet & desktop app), but we still need to find a good solution for phones since they don't have much screen space.
Thanks again so much for your responses. So great to have some feedback on this and dialogue, as I must admit - everyone has done a fantastic job on the latest release
Re the sections on the mobile course page, might I suggest a few options?
- All sections to automatically appear on the course summary page underneath. Whilst this might result in long list courses with many sections, with would at least make it very clear where users can find the resources (as we've received a lot of feedback and complaints about difficulty to find it via the three dots in the top right)
- A "Click here to access course resources" button underneath the course summary page?
- Or, maybe when a user clicks on, for example, the course summary image, this could take them to the contents
Either I think would help make the user journey that bit easier. Just my thoughts
We've been doing some further user testing to see how we might be able to best utilise Moodle Mobile within our organisation and we've had some really useful feedback:
- A lot of confusion around how to access the sections of the courses and, therefore, learning materials (as discussed in my previous post)
- As we utilise SCORM packages which feature videos, users are able to "zoom in" on the videos and make these full screen by pinching the screen with their fingers. The problem this has, is that it lets users then skip to the end of the video - which is a feature they ordinarily aren't able to do on a SCORM via Moodle LMS.
- Queries around just what elements we can "hide" if we are to get our own version of the app made? For example, if we didn't need reference to the Timeline, or removing option to view Participants within courses.
Hope the feedback is useful but would be great if anyone knew of a resolution to the above, particularly around a better way to improve user journey for accessing course materials and also re the SCORM video issue?
if you build your own version of the app you can hide anything you want. Please notice that you can hide some things in the official Mobile app too, by using:
Site administration > Mobile app > Mobile features > Disabled features
I suggest you to open new topics about things like this or the SCORM video since they aren't strictly related to the new version.
Many thanks for coming back to me. I've started a new topic as suggested.
We're really close to wanting to go ahead with a branded version of the App, the only real main stumbling block we're having is the user journey for accessing the course materials. I don't suppose there has been any further consideration/development of the "sections" yet?
it is currently being studied by our UX team. However, since some of us are (or will be) in holidays it can take a while to get a result.
Regarding new topics, we haven't been much active in the forums lately due to the 3.5 release, but we'll get back to it as soon as the desktop apps are released.
Glad to know it's in hand and very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Is there anyway I can easily find out when it has been updated, as I'm keen to get the branded app ordered ASAP
We have beeen testing the new Moodle Mobile App. It works really good and improved in quiz and offline features. However we had problems with our video content. It does not show on course page or play correctly. If the videos are embebed from an external host such as youtube its fine but other types such as the ones user records on Atto editor not playing. Also we used a Panopto integration and the videos there also problematic there but this could be due to a network security issue I am investigating.
Anyone else having video problems with the App. (Our main testing environment is Ipad)
i want to redirect moodle app to my site directly. where should i put my Moodle url ? how can hide this "enter moodle url" page?
in Case of moodle mobile 3.3 it was easy to customize as documents are available. but in case of 3.5 version no docs are available for customization. are you planning to make it available.
thanks in advance
It is exactly that. Lets hope Ios has this update soon
Is audio recording supposed to work on the mobile app in the forums? I don't see any option to record audio as a forum response.
As well, if I want to record using my Android device, how do I increase the file size limit for app uploads?
In order to increase file upload size first of all you need to check your server is not limiting the size. After that you can control the file size from course editing and files and uploads and set it to desired limited. And finally you are required to make some change to your RecordRTC in Atto editor.Its set to 250K per/sec sampling rate and the time set to 120 sec. This needs to be adjusted. Good luck
- I hadn't realized that the upload limit is simply determined by the forum settings in Moodle. I changed it and was able to use the attachment button in the app to record audio on my Android. Worked fine!
- Where do I make changes to "RecordRTC in Atto editor"?
The setting for this is under plugins-----> Text editors ---->Atto settings -->RecorderRTC
select settings and configure it according to your setup.
I mean the source code.
Hi Juan and Dani
First of all I like to thank you for your hard work. I customised the moodle mobile successfully and released it to the App Store on test flight last week.
This week I noticed problems with the ionic Cordova environment. I am unable to build the app following the same steps as I did a week ago.
Could you advise please.
I've been using the Moodle mobile app for 2 years now, and I've just updated the browser version of my website to Moodle 3.5, and the mobile app one to Moodle 3.5.1. I'm now seeing some issues (when using the mobile app):
- the set of classes in which each user has registered doesn't naturally appear, there is instead a whole lot of links to go through to get there ("homepage", "my classes", ...), and the setting involves the use of large colored shapes which take a lot of room without (to my knowledge) any point to it (see picture 1);
- when playing a "SCORM package" animation so as to optimize the display, the images have been created so that, in landscape mode, the widest area of the screen is occupied by the document. There is an orange bar at the top with the title, and a grey one at the bottom with the menu icons, which take a lot of room, as weel as two other bars that pop up as soon as there is an interaction with the document. These bars severely restrict the "useful space". I seem to remember that, in previous versions, these bars would disappear from the screen during the activity (see picture 2);
- during an activity such as described before, I get an error when clicking on the grey bar, which causes me to exit said activity (see picture 3).
For the first two points, I haven't been able to find any way to change the visual settings.
On the moodle app settings, the choice between ‘log out’ and ‘change site’ is, in my opinion, not well suited, since the aim is not the same : the first one allows to change user without changing website (for instance when using the same tablet for a whole class), while the other allows to change website. Is there a way to have both options available ?
I'm fully aware that the work you do is considerable, and would be grateful if I could get some information on those points, which would allow me to make my website more app-friendly.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Can some one lead me to github repo for moodle classic app?
I want to know any developement is going on in moodle classic app.?
is any work is going on Moodle classic app?
I am customizing the moodlemobile app 3.5.
I want to know that what should I do that my app directly connects to my moodle site, so users don't have to type the URL of my site.