Possible bug in Q and A forum

Possible bug in Q and A forum

by MoodleKittyCat . -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, 

One of the tutors posted a question in a Q&A forum means that post will only be visible to the student who makes a posting. Right?

Weird thing that happened was students got the tutors post in their daily email digest (without making a posting). This caused the students to see the tutor post without posting theirs. Is this a bug as QA forum posting by tutor should not be included in the daily email digest. How to resolve this? This never happened before.

Thanks

Moodle 3.1.5.7

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to improve title- original submission Sunday, 22 October 2017, 11:36 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MoodleKittyCat .

Re: Possible bug in Q and A forum

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think this is correct behaviour. A student must first reply to the teacher's post with a post of their own before they are able to see any posts by other students. So they do need to see the original post by the teacher. See the section on Q and A forum in Forum activity

In reply to Mary Cooch

by MoodleKittyCat . -

Hi Mary, I know this but did you read my question fully? The email digest sent to students showed them the answer BEFORE they posted anything!!

Why and how this happened? Is it a bug? Thanks

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you saying the email showed the teacher's original post, along with a students's reply?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by MoodleKittyCat . -

Yes, it showed the teachers original post without any students reply as no student posted anything but students received the email digest. Thanks

by Mary Cooch -

Hello. Sorry smile I still don't understand. Perhaps someone else can offer advice? It seems to me the teacher set the subscription in the forum to"forced" so all students got notifications, then the teacher posted the first message in the forum. It makes sense to me that students would receive this message even if they had not posted any replies. Students will always see the tutors' postings - just not the postings of the other students until they make a posting themselves. So I can't see where you think there is a bug?