Installation - General "Click to enter text" not working

Installation - General "Click to enter text" not working

by Sophie Kamuf -
Number of replies: 7

Hi guys,

I am stuck at the Admin setup step. There is a "Click to enter text" field to input a password and I simply cannot get it to work (it redirects to the top of the page, but does not allow me to enter text). I tried googling this issue but did not come up with much. I already had a lot of errors in the previous steps, which took me hours to fix. But I've been stuck at this step for 3 days now. sad

In case this is relevant, I am using XAMPP & myphpadmin on my Mac. Just trying it out in a local environment before moving it to a production server.

\

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sophie Kamuf

Re: Installation - General "Click to enter text" not working

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This often points to a Javascript issue stopping the function working. 

Enable the JavaScript Console in your browser and refresh the page. Do you see any (red) errors in the console?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Sophie Kamuf -

Hi Howard,

These are the errors in my console. Any idea how to fix them? Thank you!
In reply to Sophie Kamuf

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
How did you install Moodle? Are there any non-core additions (plugins, themes etc.)?

You said you had a lot of trouble? Such as?

In reply to Sophie Kamuf

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sophie,

This may not be relevant, but I ran into this same problem of not being able to enter password text earlier this year when trying to set up a server using Nginx instead of Apache. It was not set up to support 'slash arguments' but when I added that in the Nginx location, the site started to work.

If you search thru the config-dist.php file for 'slash' you can find a line showing what to try in your regular config.php file. just be sure and leave off the // at the start of the line. Mine was line 241.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Terus E-learning -
Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks AL,

I was troubleshooting this issue this morning and your solution worked a treat. 

For anyone else experiencing the same, the issue was independent of the theme used, and on several occasions it did work immediately after page load but would not work shortly after. 

The moodle in question was also installed on the same server set up as many other dev moodles I have, so it's a bit of a head scratcher why this is an issue here. 

Cheers,

Oliver

In reply to Sophie Kamuf

by santo antony -
were you able to resolve this issue, i am also facing the same issue when i installed the latest moodle version 3.5.2+
In reply to Sophie Kamuf

by Alejandro Mansor -
Still no luck with Apache2 (EC2 / AWS). Somedy managed to work it out?