Office 365 auto sync successful but users aren't connected

Office 365 auto sync successful but users aren't connected

by James Kam-Radcliffe -
Number of replies: 2

Using Microsoft Office 365 plugin to auto sync users with Azure AD works correctly and all users in AD with an existing Moodle account have been synced - this is confirmed in the cron log. However, they are not connected to Office 365 and cannot access the features of the Office 365 plugin or repository.

We installed the Microsoft block which tells users they are almost connected and provides a link allowing them to enter their Office 365 credentials - this then successfully connects them and they are able to use the plugin.

However this is not practical. I thought that when auto sync was used there would be no need for end user interaction to fully enable the integration. Am I missing something?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Kam-Radcliffe

Re: Office 365 auto sync successful but users aren't connected

by Sævar Árnason -

Having the same exact problem. This is preventing users being able to use openID authentication also, if I switch a user to OpenID the login will not work with Office 365 credentials and I need that up and running.

Sync users to Azure AD, users are matched, they login and the microsoft block says you are almost connected. If users dont complete the connection and I switch them to OpenID they cant login.

If however the user completes connection to Office 365 via the Microsoft block I can switch the user to OpenID and the user can login with no problem. There are hundreds of students and having them all manually connect isnt an option

The current login is LDAP authentication, Moodle latest version.

In reply to James Kam-Radcliffe

Re: Office 365 auto sync successful but users aren't connected

by C Schipper -

Has a solution to this been found at all?

As we are dealing with the same issue at the moment.

Thanks.