How is the weekly period defined?

How is the weekly period defined?

by Joe Murphy -
Number of replies: 3

I'm trying but failing to figure out how the "weekly" period is defined for Questionnaires. Is it "7 days from user's last response"? It doesn't seem to be based off the start date of the course, and I can't find any setting which makes it teacher-configurable. 

A teacher-configurable week would actually be my preference, though I respect that's probably a significant change. My use cases work off the assumption that a faculty member wants a questionnaire filled out once per calendar week. If it's defined by the student's behavior, there's the potential for cascading procrastination. (If you don't fill out this week's survey until Friday, then you can't fill it out the next week's survey until next Friday. You'll never be able to dig yourself out.)

Of course, sometimes that's how the world works and maybe you should learn that lesson sooner rather than later. But I hate it when a system imposes "life's tough, get a helmet" pedagogy on a class.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joe Murphy

Re: How is the weekly period defined?

by azidioNs . -

I too would like to know.

I want to create a recurring weekly questionnaire that restarts each wednesday. I might need to accept some sort of compromise, but that requires some knowledge of the "weekly" option smile. So consider this a "bump" smile

In reply to azidioNs .

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The PHP date('W') function is used to determine this. Basically, it looks that the current attempt is at least one week number past the last attempt.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Joe Murphy -

Thanks! So it's essentially a calendar week, starting on Mondays. Good to know.