Episode One of Boost and the Idiot

Episode One of Boost and the Idiot

by Mark Miller -
Number of replies: 2

I am apparently incapable of reading simple instructions.  I've been trying for three days to change my default set-up with no success.

I'd like the first page a user sees after logging in

Instead this what they get

I keep coming back to the same screen to add comments, but unable to do so; I can't find the option to displayed  the text

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Miller

Re: Episode One of Boost and the Idiot

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well first of all, if you want text displayed in the middle of the page as opposed to on the side, then you won't use the Site summary block but a topic section. If you have "include a topic section" ticked then you should be able to turn on the editing and you will have a text box into which to type your text , in the middle of the front page, above the list of courses. Incidentally, I don't think your theme is Boost because the image of your desired effect shows two sets of blocks on the right and with Boost this isn't possible.

(Where have you been looking for the Site summary block? Do you know how to add blocks on your site? With the editing turned on you should see a link Add block down one side of your page.)

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Episode One of Boost and the Idiot

by Mark Miller -

Not knowing for sure what Boost looked like, I didn't notice the error.

Somehow while trying to make things better, I made them worse.  Not sure how I did it, but I changed to the default theme.  Now that I have that fixed, I may have more success.

I can now make a whole bunch of new errors.  Once I'm positive I can't get any further, I'll be back here for help.

Thanks again

mark