Combined question in quiz breaks the quiz display in the app

Combined question in quiz breaks the quiz display in the app

by Peter Svec -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

We use lot of combined questions in our quizzes. This type of question if not supported by the app. I don't understand why, as there are just "select" and "check box" elements. Does anyone know, what to do to make this type of question available in the Moodle Mobile app?

Thanks,

peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Svec

Re: Combined question in quiz breaks the quiz display in the app

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
For a plugin to work with the Mobile app it needs new code writing and a new folder and zip file is created in the question distribution.  On first visiting with the app a zip file is downloaded and extracted seamlessly.  For the combined question type the maintainers (Tim Hunt quiz supremo being one) would have to write and test some Javasript code in a thing called angular/ionic/phonegap . In my experience it might also require some minor tweaks to the php/css.

I had the fortune of being contracted by Elton LaClare, one of the good people at Sojo University Japan and paid to do this with my gapfill question type and it turned out not to be as complex as I feared. It took about 3 weeks from start to completion, and the OU folks are probably better at that type of thing than I am. I am not suggesting they are going to do that update, just that that they are the experts.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Right. We aren't yet using the Mobile app at the OU, so we have not made our question types compatible with it. We are planning to look into it soon, at which point we will probably decide to make our question types work. However, we are a big organisation, so expect this to happen with all the agility and speed of a brontosaurus. wink

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Peter Svec -

Thanks, Tim. The world of universities is the same all around the world...