[ISSUE] Grade export with Aardvark theme

[ISSUE] Grade export with Aardvark theme

by Shaun Daubney -
Number of replies: 9

I'm having trouble exporting the gradebook grades whilst using Aardvark in 3.3+

Grades export fine in Boost and Clean but with Aardvark the resulting xlsx or ods files are corrupt.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and how I can fix it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shaun Daubney

Re: [ISSUE] Grade export with Aardvark theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Aardvark was built on a MAC so might be some odd file type that should not be there, although I can't really see that being a problem? What version of ARDVARK are you using?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Lol...I did not realise it was you Shaun!!! Have you tried removing the gitignore and the other git file. These should not need to be included. Cheers Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Shaun Daubney -

Haha ;) Thanks Mary, yes it's me.

Aardvark has been built on Windows now for some time and there aren't any git files in there or hidden mac files. I'm not sure what's going on. It should be as close to "Clean" as possible these days but "Clean" works fine. Any other ideas would be very much appreciated.

by Mary Evans -
Ok... what's your operating system if Windows? Have you upgraded to Windows 10? Are the Aardvark files in your GITHUB the same as the ones in the downloadable version in Moodles plugin directory?
In reply to Mary Evans

by Shaun Daubney -

If this helps to shed any light on the subject, I've noticed that if I export as CSV from both Aardvark and Clean, the Aardvark one puts quotation marks around the value in the first cell. "First name" doesn't appear to be in the language file of the theme so it's not coming from there.

I'm not sure why it's doing it thoughtful

Both the same gradebook, exported a minute apart using different themes.

Comparision of output files

by Mary Evans -

This is a wild guess.

In Clean theme does the Gradebook work differently than it does in Aardvark?

Like the Static First Column?

If it does work differently then the Static element or lack of may be the casue of the speech marks.

by Mary Evans -

Another question, are you using a Plugin to Export thr graderbook into an XLS spreadsheet? Something like Checklist

If so then there may be a Javascript conflict?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Shaun Daubney -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the suggestions.

• I think we are currently using a Windows 10 based server for Moodle but I am using Windows 7 to access it.
  • We don't have any gradebook plugins installed at the moment.
  • GIT hasn't been updated with the latest version yet. I will try and do that later. GIT doesn't work on my machine here so it's difficult to keep it up to date.
  • In the CLEAN theme the files export perfectly. This is what's odd as there are not too many fundamental differences between AARDVARK and CLEAN other than the CSS and the header/footer layouts. I think I need to start unpicking them to see what may be causing the issue but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack without knowing what might be causing it.

by Shaun Daubney -

I've fixed this, with help from a contribution on GITHUB. It was a space at the begining of core_renderers.php

Uploaded a new version to the themes directory and GITHUB (I think).

v3.3.1
- (2017092700) Removed space at the start of core_renderer.php which affected gradebook exports (thanks to juaneladio - Github)
- (2017092700) Removed some unnecessary image files from pix and pix_core
- (2017092700) Replaced SVG logos with PNG for core compatibility
- (2017092700) Removed link to Fontawesome from head.php after inclusion in core https://www.moodleworld.com/moodle-3-3-will-come-with-built-in-support-for-fontawesome-icons-moodle3-3/
- (2017092700) Code checked against Clean theme