Header and slider for home page - Boost

Header and slider for home page - Boost

by Jacques LeCavalier -
Number of replies: 12

Hi there.

We've just upgraded to Moodle 3.3.1, and in part due to issues we're having with the Essential theme after the upgrade, we're trying to work with the Boost theme (build 2017051500 is what is indicated in Plugins Overview).

With the Essential theme, we had a wide institutional banner, as well as slider, featured on our home page. 

If possible, I'd like a bit of help with reproducing this with the Boost theme. I'm attaching the custom CSS we used previously with the Essential theme.

thanks for any help you can provide!

Jacques

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacques LeCavalier

Re: Header and slider for home page - Boost

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jacques,

What issues with the Essential theme please?

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Jacques LeCavalier -

Hi, Gareth.

We were not able to upgrade Essential after moving to Moodle 3.3.1. I would have to get specific details on the error from my colleague, but after having uploaded the latest version of Essential, he got an error saying he needed to revert back to an earlier version of Moodle.

With the 2.8 version of Essential we had, the new Course Overview block was broken, and our fonts were not displaying properly.

Let me know if you need more information to respond...

Jacques

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jacques,

Thank you for your reply.  If you were getting that error message then you were probably using the version for Moodle 3.2 instead of 3.3, which is now available.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Jacques LeCavalier -

Hi, Gareth.  Can you then please point me to where I can obtain the correct version of the Essential theme for Moodle 3.3.1, and let me know if there are any particularities we need to know regarding installing the theme?

Also, please confirm that the new Course Overview block is supported in this version of Essential.

many thanks. JL

by Gareth J Barnard -

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=14439 and its 'beta' - 'new Course Overview block' what's that please?

by Jacques LeCavalier -

https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Course_overview 

It's a fairly big change in functionality in 3.3.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Jacques,

Yes it is.

G

by Jacques LeCavalier -

Any plans to support the new Course Overview block in Essential, Gareth?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jacques,

I think Gareth has already said YES it is! which I suspect means, Yes it is supported! in the Essential theme.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jacques LeCavalier -

No need for the sarcasm, Mary.

When I asked Gareth in this thread if the Course Overview block was supported in Essential, he asked me what that was. So it did not sound to me like it was supported.

by Blair F. -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I actually thought Gareth's reply,"Yes it is," was in response to Jacques comment, "It's a fairly big change in functionality in 3.3."  Looks like it was just a misunderstanding.  Just goes to show how careful we have to be with interpreting what people "say" in forums! smile

Cheers all!