Problems with theme and images after ugrading

Problems with theme and images after ugrading

by Gunilla Brattberg -
Number of replies: 2

I have just tried upgraded to moodle 3.3 and have problems.

• In the previous version I have theme Serenity. I've got it among the themes to choose from even in the new version. But I cannot choose it so that the page gets that look.

• Images on the homepage and the different course pages are missing.

• swf movies refuse to boot.

I took a copy of the existing database and imported it into a new database, uploaded the files to a new folder, and ran install.php against a copy of the moodledata folder. It worked great when I updated another moodle installation to 3.2.

Thankful for tips on how to get the theme and images to show up in version 3.3.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gunilla Brattberg

Re: Problems with theme and images after ugrading

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Upgrading a 3.2 is not the same as upgrading a 3.3 when it comes to compatible plugins ... of which, themes are now considered 'plugins'.

See:

https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_serenity

As far as SWF files not loading ... sounds  like you had a plugin for SWF's ... but which/what?

In the docs for upgrading, one is supposed to copy from old code directory to new code directory all the addons and place them in the same locations as the old code.    Example: the Serenity theme directory in oldcode/theme/ would have been copied to newcode/theme/ ... uhhhh from what I read about the theme, probably a good that it wash't as it does not appear to have a compat version for 3.3.

Same for the SWF thang ...

Please check:

https://moodle.org/plugins/index.php?q=SWF

For the plugin you are using to see if there is a compat version with 3.3 core.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Svar: Re: Problems with theme and images after ugrading

by Gunilla Brattberg -

Now, the theme Serenity is installed and work.

Next problem to solve is the possibility to read pdf-files. I can´t find any plugin for 3.3 which could solve this problem. It works without problem and without any special plugin in version 3.1.