Course Tab Color

Course Tab Color

by Bob O'Donnell -
Number of replies: 14

I need to modify the tab selection color but can't seem to locate the code for it. Tab turns blue when selected and hides the text label.

Attachment Tab Color.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob O'Donnell

Re: Course Tab Color

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is a 'Theme' issue better asked in the 'Themes' forum and depends on the theme.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Gareth, moving this discussion to the Themes forum as suggested...

In reply to Helen Foster

by Bob O'Donnell -

Thanks! My apologies for posting in the wrong section.

Theme is adaptable. I think I found the code that controls it.

.yui3-skin-sam .yui3-tab-selected .yui3-tab-label, .yui3-skin-sam .yui3-tab-selected .yui3-tab-label:focus, .yui3-skin-sam .yui3-tab-selected .yui3-tab-label:hover {
    color: #fff !important;
}

Attachment Tab Color.jpg

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please, follow the forum rules.

- Moodle version

- Adaptable version

- Did you add some custom CSS?

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Fernando,

At the time of the original post it was in the General developers forum, thus the forum rules were not known at the time and the post was moved at my request.  Therefore, Bob, please could you supply the information Fernando asks for.

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Bob O'Donnell -

Sure... its in the post above... here it is again:

.yui3-skin-sam .yui3-tab-selected .yui3-tab-label, .yui3-skin-sam .yui3-tab-selected .yui3-tab-label:focus, .yui3-skin-sam .yui3-tab-selected .yui3-tab-label:hover {

color: #fff !important;
}

The color was being changed, adding the !important into the tab color code set the text so it was readable on the tab. As far as I know that solved the issue the client was having and I don't think it affected anything else in the Moodle interface. They had customized a bunch of colors in the theme.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Bob,

To make things easier for us in the Themes forum we request that you adhear to the Theme Forum Rules which are:

Moodle Version
Theme Version

So in this instance if you are using Moodle 3.3 and Adaptable 1.5.1 then just say so, otherwise please tell use what versions of Moodle and Theme you are using,

Cheers

Mary Evans
Themes Forum Moderator

by Fernando Acedo -

You modified a generic class so it means has impact in the whole theme. It is also a BS class not from Adaptable.

This moodle issue (it is a core issue) was fixed some time ago in Adaptable and recently in moodle 3.3.

Please, post the information requested and also the extensions are you using, especially the extension that display the tabs.

by Bob O'Donnell -

My apologies... I should have read the rules first, I just jumped right in looking for answers. I will follow the format next time.

The LMS admin guy told me they're using this version:

Moodle 3.3.1+

Adaptable Version 1.4

I'm checking on the extension they used for the tab menu. All I initially received from him was that the menu topics format was a plugin. I'll try to follow up on it.

Still trying to learn my way around Moodle. Our clients always want to customize something.

by Fernando Acedo -

Remove first all the custom CSS code you already entered to the Custom CSS box

Then upgrade Adaptable to latest version 1.5.1

Verify if it works well. If not, post the extension you use.

by Bob O'Donnell -

Thanks! I'll get them to do that. Here was the info they sent back to me on the plugin they used.

https://moodle.org/plugins/format_tabtopics

by Fernando Acedo -

This plugin is not available for moodle 3.x and probably not compatible with Bootstrap.

Uninstall it and try to find some other similar to meet your requirements.

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I use https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=format_onetopic for exactly that reason - despite its name it organises topics/sections into tabs, but is developed upto 3.2 (which is where I have it in work - not fully tested against 3.3 yet, although it's installed and hasn't broken the site, just note actually used/tested it yet smile )