How to restrict access to specific course categories?

How to restrict access to specific course categories?

by Kostas Kostas -
Number of replies: 0

This question is somehow general, but I explain here what I am trying to do (moodle 3.2):

I have two categories with courses, LIBRARY and CONTENT, each one contains sub-categories and moodle courses.

The LIBARY contains snippets of educational material, this is not the actual interaction with the students, in terms of filling questionaries and getting grades. The LIBRARY is only used by teachers to import or copy educational content, in order to create courses in the CONTENT category. It shouldn't even be viewed by students.

I want the LIBRARY courses to be viewable and editable only by teachers

I want the CONTENT to be viewable by any user (guest/students/teachers) and I have already setup guest access for viewing and automatic self registration to each course in the CONTENT category, for registered students in the moodle site.

How can I set the rights, for the LIBRARY and the CONTENT categories and nested subcategories and courses, to do these things above? Maybe I shall make the LIBRARY hidden? But I need to enable self-enrolement to the LIBRARY for the teachers only, so that they can edit content in it somehow.

Any help would be appreciated, to guide me to the right way.

Average of ratings: -