Problem with user cohort upload

Problem with user cohort upload

by Veselina Jecheva -
Number of replies: 6

Hello!

We're using Moodle 3.2.1 and I'd like to upload some users at once to an existing cohort. The CSV file I created, contains the following example data:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

username;password;firstname;lastname;e-mail;institution;cohort

user1@gmail.com;Student1@P11;Lale;Ahmedova;user1@bk.ru;TSIF;students

user2@gmail.com;Student2@P11;Arslan;Astanov;user2@gmail.com;TSIF;students

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When attempting to upload the data and select Preview, the following message appears:

There is something wrong with the format of the CSV file. Please check that it includes column names.

What's the problem of the file?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Veselina

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Veselina Jecheva

Re: Problem with user cohort upload

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Veselina,

I think the problem might be that you are separating entries with semi-colons instead of commas.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Veselina Jecheva -

Hi All,

I selected a semi-colon as a separator in the upload options.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I always type email instead of e-mail. And type cohort1 instead of just cohort.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Veselina Jecheva -

Thank you, Mary!

I changed the 'e-mail' to 'email', but the upload works when I removed the cohort field and just uploaded the users into the system, without using a cohort. Anyway it is a solution, so I stopped searching for the problem with cohorts.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sorry I missed that, but as Mary says, cohort headings need to be cohort1, cohort2, ..., cohortn with the appropriate names for each one in the column below.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Veselina Jecheva -

Thank you very much! I have missed the number at the end!

Best,

Veselina