Halfway there but................ tar.gz ?????????

Halfway there but................ tar.gz ?????????

by Christopher Britt -
Number of replies: 5

Hola todos y todas (Hello everyone)

Ok, it's installed and running, in a fashion, but how do I restore the site form tar.gz backup files????

TTFN

Chris

Moodle 2.6 on Hostergator

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christopher Britt

Re: Halfway there but................ tar.gz ?????????

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It really depends what is inside your tar.gz file?  What exactly are you trying to do?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Christopher Britt -

Hello Howard,

For reasons beyond my control, inodes, I've had to reinstall moodle again. I've installed moodle and now want to reinstall the site and the courses that were on it. They are backed up in the tar.gz files, I think?

TTFN

Chris

moodle 2.6

Hostgator

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Doesn't really help... I'll try another approach.... who made these files and how?

I'd just be guessing what they might be... a backup of your moodledata area? Your database dump zipped? Moodle's own course backup files? Who knows?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Christopher Britt -

Sorry Howard,

They are backups that were made on / taken from my moodle site.

TTFN

Chris

Moodle2.6/Hostgator

by Howard Miller -

I give up....

"I have some boxes... they have stuff in them from my house"

Saying "I have a .tar.gz file" is only a tiny, tiny step away from saying "I have a file". If you can't tell me what the file is then we can't help.