Script Error

Script Error

by ching c -
Number of replies: 2

Anyone can help, appreciate that, two problems:
Problem one,
I installed Moodle to an ISP web hosting service.  It seems everything works fine except one - when I activate The Richtext HTML editor.  I got this error.

Internet Explorer script Error
Line 402,
Char 31
Error : Unterminated string constant
URL: http://www.website.com/moodle/lib/rte/richedit.html

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

I click no and contiune to load the editor, and it seems the program is running O.K, but the error message is irritating every time I activate the editor, anyway I can fix this problem?

Problem two:

I installed Moodle on a Windows XP machine with FoxServe 3.0 ,Apache and PHP.  Everything is working O.K but one - user can't upload their picture, the filed disapper, no longer available.  Normally the new user form has a field for user to upload picture, but I can't find this field in my Windows XP installation.  Any clue?

sincerely

Ching C. Chou

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ching c

Re: Script Error

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The first problem is a known one with the Richtext editor and multibyte languages.  We have just switched to a new editor in the development version of Moodle (the one you see here) .. so you might consider running that version rather than 1.1.1.  It seems pretty stable at the moment (might not be next week).

For uploading images you need GD enabled - see the installation instructions about this.