course administration missing

Re: course administration missing

by Rahul Kumar -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

Course administration has been removed from the dashboard in the updated versions of Moodle.

However there are just a few steps you need to follow to get 'Course Administration' block back for your Moodle courses.

1) Login to your Moodle website as Admin.

2) Turn editing on / click on "Customize this page" option at the top-right of the main page.

3) Go to any course or My courses page and click on "add block" option present in the dashboard.

4) Click on the "Administration" option.

5) Doing that will add the requested "Course Administration" block on the right hand side of the Course page. (see image)

[P.S : These steps are valid for all themes, be it Boost or RemUI, I tested it in multiple themes, worked for all of them.]

Attachment Course  ADM110 Office Administration 1.png
In reply to Rahul Kumar

by W C -

Sorry sir, same problem .. we are not using the same theme as shown in your post.. therefor, things seen for me are not the same as for you, and vice versa. 

After I turn editing on, I do not see an option for 'customize this page' at the top right or any other location so, that is as far as I can go with your instructions.

Is there an alternate way in Moodle to see these options?

I appreciate your suggestion..thank you for trying.

In reply to W C

by Shaa Dea -

@W C: your problem starts at an earlier stage. Your admin block is probably set to show on front page only. I had the same problem, took me a while to realize that this was the problem. Go to your settings for the site (site administration), it should be on the left (depending on your theme). There will be a section about the admin block. In there you will find the option to set the visibility of the admin block. Set this to "all pages" or "whole site" (whatever it says). The default is "front page", and that causes this problem. Once you've set the visibility of the admin block it will appear on each page if you are locked in as admin.

In reply to Shaa Dea

by W C -

Nope, but thanks for trying...  wink

As you can see, its set up correctly... Can anyone else offer assistance?