Lime survey block does not work in Moodle v3.4

Lime survey block does not work in Moodle v3.4

by Edmund Evangelista -
Number of replies: 12

Did anyone successfully run their Lime survey block in Moodle v3.4? I get an error each time I install the block, worst is that the entire portal does not seem to run due to this error.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edmund Evangelista

Re: Lime survey block does not work in Moodle v3.4

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Edmund,
it looks like the block is hard-coded on MySQL, i.e. not relying on the Moodle DB API.

Are your Moodle instance running on MySQL? Guessing, no.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Edmund Evangelista -
Hi Matteo, I'm using MariaDB as required in Moodle v3.4. I suspected also that the block was written with MySQL or MySQLi. I was just hopeful that someone might have experienced modifying this block to work with 3.4

by Paul Raper -

This would be a very useful and interesting for Moodlers and Lime Survey users alike. Is this something that should form a Tracker request?

In reply to Paul Raper

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi - you could certainly add a Tracker request, but I suspect that if you want a quick solution you’ll need to contract with someone who has experience in coding blocks.

Did your block come from the Moodle plugins database, or from LimeSurvey, or somewhere else? The best place to start would be with the person who wrote the original block.

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Edmund Evangelista -
It's working now. I modified the code particularly on functions that are no

longer supported by PHP and MariaDB.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 10:51 AM Jon Bolton (via Moodle.org) <
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Paul Raper -

Would it be possible to share the code, and provide a little summary of what the block does please.

I also use Lime Survey and Moodle, and find it irritating to create surveys in Lime Survey which I have to recreate in Moodle separately.

Lime Survey is such a powerful tool. smile

by Marcelo Javier Sotaminga Cinilin -

Hi everybody

I searched now this block but not found, please send me the link... 

Best regards 

Marcelo

In reply to Marcelo Javier Sotaminga Cinilin

by Paul Raper -

I am hoping that Edmund will share the code with us.

I can also then ask some students at the university where I work if they could tidy the code up and thus turn this into an official Moodle plugin/add it to the Tracker to be fed into future Moodle functionality.

In reply to Paul Raper

by Edmund Evangelista -
In our university, students are evaluating their faculty through surveys created via Lime Survey. However, it is quite difficult to inform each student of which link to visit in order to evaluate their faculty. This is where the block comes in, it serves as an integrator between Lime survey and Moodle. We use Moodle extensively, hence we configured the block to display all the Lime Survey links for each student. Any student who is not able to complete all the surveys accorded to him/her is not able to enroll in our student information system.

In short, the block serves as an integrator between Moodle, Lime Survey, and Student Information System. If you are still interested, then I could share the block that I have modified.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Paul Raper -

Hi Edmund,

I would love to take a look. We have a very similar concept at our university, so a way to integrate Lime Survey into Moodle would be extremely useful.

Great job sir. smile

Regards,

Paul

by Paul Raper -

Hi Edmund,

Any news on the code for the block that you modified to work with Moodle 3.4?

It may interest people to know that there was an active thread on this topic some time back where users were interested in using Limesurvey as an alternative to the built in Moodle questionnaire block.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=100630

Best,

Paul

by Marcelo Javier Sotaminga Cinilin -

uff! sounds great!

You can give us some access to see the code, en my case I need to verify the students give an answer to the surveys.

Please help me with this..

Best regards 

Marcelo