server disconnect

server disconnect

by Todd St Pierre -
Number of replies: 6

I have just installed Moodle 3.3.1 on GoDaddy hosted site.  The problem I'm having is that every so often I'm working on the site and I get a server disconnect message.  I have to wait a few minutes then when I refresh my browser I'm back up for a little while. 

I've contacted GoDaddy and they see nothing wrong with the server and have watched it as I'm on the Moodle site using it.  They recommended that I contact my ISP.  I did that and they are not seeing anything wrong with my internet connection and I don't have a problem with any other website that I browse to.

Anyone know what the problem could be?  Do I have a php setting wrong or something?

Thank you in advance for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd St Pierre

Re: server disconnect

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Todd, I run my moodle on a GoDaddy VPS.  Been doing so for quite awhile.

I am using Moodle 3.3.1+ (Build: 20170810), ): PHP 5.6.30, MySQL 5.6.35 CENTOS 6.6.

What are you trying?  And what kind of GoDaddy server?

Do you have other applications on your server that run perfectly?

How did you install your moodle?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Todd St Pierre -
Rick

Thanks k you for responding.  I'm just running the economy Linux hosting 2 CPU cores and 2048 mb memory 2048 MBps bandwidth. Moodle is the only application running on the server.

Todd St Pierre

(954) 552-9278
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Todd St Pierre -

Thanks k you for responding.  

I'm just running the economy Linux hosting 2 CPU cores and 2048 mb memory 2048 MBps bandwidth. Moodle is the only application running on the server.

I used the application installer on GoDaddy to install Moodle same build as you.

In reply to Todd St Pierre

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Todd, consider learning how to install moodle from scratch.  I think that I show this in some of my videos.  These "installers" try to be smart, but sometimes (almost never) are smart enough.