Existing questionnaires and responses missing after upgrade

Existing questionnaires and responses missing after upgrade

by Al Bay -
Number of replies: 2

Good day, 

I am upgrading from Moodle 2.1 to 2.2. Before upgrading to 2.2, I delete the Questionnaire plugin from Site Admin -> Plug-ins -> Plug-In overview and also the questionnaire folder in mod folder. I upgrade to 2.2 then add back the questionnaire folder for version 2.2 and install from the Notifications link in Moodle. 

The problem is that all my exisitng questionnaires and the responses are gone. I checked the table mdl_questionnaire and it is also empty. 

Can you advise how I can upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 and keep all my questionnaires and responses?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Al Bay

Re: Existing questionnaires and responses missing after upgrade

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi,

Please follow these below steps of Upgrading in Moodle docs:

------   Move your old Moodle software program files to another location. Do NOT copy new files over the old files.

Unzip or unpack the upgrade file so that all the new Moodle software program files are in the location the old files used to be in on the server. Moodle will adjust SQL and moodledata if it needs to in the upgrade.

Copy your old config.php file back to the new Moodle directory.

As mentioned above, if you had installed any plugins on your site you should add them to the new code tree now. It is important to check that you get the correct version for your new version of Moodle. Be particularly careful that you do not overwrite any code in the new version of Moodle.

Dont forget to also copy over your moodledata folder / directory. If you don't you will get a "fatal error $cfg- dataroot is not configured properly".

Check more details here :https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Upgrading

In reply to S. kavita

Re: Existing questionnaires and responses missing after upgrade

by Al Bay -
Thank you Kavita. 

The upgrade is now working properly.