LDAP ssl (LDAPS) not working

LDAP ssl (LDAPS) not working

by Alex D -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

LDAP Authentication as well as LDAP Enrollment are working fine.

Now i need my users to change their LDAP stored passwords, so i need ssl enabled LDAP Connection.

I already have another php application working with LDAPS and setting passwords, so basically i use the same settings which are:

/etc/ldap/ldap.conf:

TLS_CACERT /etc/ssl/path/to/dc.pem

TLS_REQCERT never

And for the LDAP Connection i need ssl = yes; tls = no; port = 636

So in Moodle's LDAP Authentication settings i add ldaps:// prefix to my LDAP Server and keep tls=no.

I also tried specifying the port by adding :636 to the server without success.

After saving i am not able to access the configuration anymore. When trying to load the config page it keeps loading until i get Bad Gateway Error. Then i have to remove ldaps// prefix in mdl_config_plugins table and run purge_caches.php.

Is anybody out there with experiences in configuring LDAP using ssl?

Thanks !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex D

Re: LDAP ssl (LDAPS) not working

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I use ldaps but I have never had an issue with the configuration page loading.  That makes me think that you must have something in the settings page that is affecting the code somehow.  What version of Moodle are you using?

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: LDAP ssl (LDAPS) not working

by Alex D -

Today morning i took a look at this again...it was my fault. I had an issue regarding  Firewall/NAT setup. Now it is working fine.

After setting correct rights to the bind user i was able to change my ldap password as a user.

Thank you!