time display in moodle

time display in moodle

by pavan naidu -
Number of replies: 8

hi everyone,

i wanted to do c the current time in my main page or dashboard, as well as change the time, how ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to pavan naidu

Re: time display in moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

https://moodle.org/plugins/block_simple_clock ??

I'm not sure how changing the time makes sense. Moodle displays the server time (or to be exact the user's local time based on your server's time). You should change the time on the server or - better still - your server should be synchronised with a 'NTP' time server. I can't think under what circumstances you would want to change the time in Moodle.

In reply to Howard Miller

by pavan naidu -

i am facing problem with time in conducting the quiz, in which i set a time for start / closing it doesn't synch to it. when i attempted the test, in the report it is showing different time than the moodle server system. i wanted to know is moodle timings and system timings are different. should i have to set the timings separately in moodle to match up with the server system ? 

In reply to pavan naidu

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Maybe you should have asked that wink

I'll move this to the Quiz forum....

In reply to pavan naidu

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to look at your site admin location settings and decide how you want Moodle to behave.  You can set Moodle to use a specific time zone here.  I suspect that it is not synced to the server properly or using a different time zone.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by pavan naidu -

i did that location settings everything is correct, the problem is when the quiz is attempted like 16:00 hr in the server itself, in the quiz report it shows start time like around  11:00 , how can i change that time to suit my timings

In reply to pavan naidu

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi Pavan,

Check the Location and time zone in your user profile. Make it same as server which you will find under Location settings.

Thanks,

S.Kavita

In reply to pavan naidu

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If all your users are in the same time zone, force the time zone on all users.  That should resolve it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by pavan naidu -

Thanks for everyone for your responses, now that has worked, but I have to say that why not display the server time to the client users in the Moodle page. As this calendar block shows why the student does not have a block to show the time of the server, the client system has different time and they will be following the time in their PC it would be good if it display the time in page so that they can follow the server time like calendar block