Cannot delete courses

Cannot delete courses

by G Koo -
Number of replies: 7

Moodle (e.g. 3.2.2)

When trying to delete courses I get the following error:

Warning: require_once(/home/****/public_html/backup/util/loggers/error_log_logger.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/backup/util/includes/backup_includes.php on line 70

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/******i/public_html/backup/util/loggers/error_log_logger.class.php' (include_path='/home/*****/public_html/lib/pear:.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/*****/public_html/backup/util/includes/backup_includes.php on line 70

I tried asking my hosting tech support but they referred me to my webmaster...which is me....and I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to G Koo

Re: Cannot delete courses

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

For a start, does the file it can't open exist? If it does, what are its permissions (and more to the point, why are they different from the rest of the Moodle code - if they are)?

In reply to G Koo

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

How was the moodle code installed?    Manually or some script provided by the hosting company?   Is this on a shared host?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by G Koo -

Hi,

It is on shared hosting and was installed by Scriptolicious I think.

In reply to G Koo

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

backup_includes.php has a bunch of 'require_once' lines that point to the other files needed by the code.

On a git acquired of 3.2.4+ code, line 70 points to:

require_once($CFG->dirroot . '/backup/util/loggers/error_log_logger.class.php');

is moodlecode/backup/util/loggers/error_log_logger.class.php file there?

If the file is not present, sounds like the script installer is at fault.

Realize that might put you into a catch 22 but feel free to contact hosting provider and point to this thread.   But do understand, Moodle forums, even if community, isn't for the purpose of supporting those script installers.    That's between hosting provider and the makers of that script.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by G Koo -

Thanks,

I guess in the future I will install manually so as to get help.

Would updating help?

The file was missing. I uploaded it. But now I get:

Fatal error: Class 'backup_factory' not found in /home/********/public_html/backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php on line 109

That file is there, and permissions checked , so I do not know what to do next.

In reply to G Koo

by G Koo -

I told the hosting company it was their script, so they are now looking into it.

In reply to G Koo

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You would need to replace *all* the Moodle code as there could be lots of other problems related to the script code. If you do that, make sure you have backups and make sure you keep the config.php file as it will have the database credentials and the 'dataroot' location for files. 

It's still hard to be 100% sure if it would work without problems. 

Don't use Softaculous, Bitnami and whatever else is out there to cause confusion wink