Grade calculated over multipul attempts

Grade calculated over multipul attempts

by Corrie Emery -
Number of replies: 1

Hey guys, were running moodle 2.9.2

i would like to know if there is a way to have a grade calculated across multiple attempts. most of our questions are essay answer that we then go in and manually grade. ocationaly a student will get questions wrong and we have had them re do these questions as they must have 100% to pass. this would mean they can have all correct answers but over may attempts.

i hope this helps to explain it.

Attempt 1 - Q1 Correct, Q2 Correct, Q3 incorrect, Q4 incorrect.

Attempt 2 - Q1 Correct in attempt 1, Q2 Correct in attempt 1, Q3 Correct, Q4 incorrect.

Attempt 3 - Correct in attempt 1, Correct in attempt 1, Q3 Correct in attempt 1, Q4 Correct.

so what i want to do is have moodle look and see that each question has been marked at least once currently we are going through and putting a note into what ever attempt has the most correct answers and adjusting the mark and leaving a note for assessors that it is correct in another attempt.

hope that all makes scene!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Corrie Emery

Re: Grade calculated over multipul attempts

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can set the quiz where it builds on the last attempt which will basically do what you want.  Then set the questions to clear wrong answers and the quiz will just keep the correct answers for the next attempt.