How to set up the user permissions, to view all courses in the course category ?

How to set up the user permissions, to view all courses in the course category ?

by Ye Hellen -
Number of replies: 3

How to set up the user permissions, to view all courses in the course category? Now,I only can set up the course permission, I can't read the course by setting  up the permission of category

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ye Hellen

Re: How to set up the user permissions, to view all courses in the course category ?

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You could assign the role of Manager (or other) to a user at category level, if that's what you want to do... For this, you go to the category you need to do this for, click Assign roles from the Category settings menu or from the cog icon (Boost-based themes). Select the role you need and the user(s) who for it and save.

Possible roles at category level:

• Manager
  • Course creator
  • Teacher
  • Non-editing teacher
  • Student 
In reply to Joost Elshoff

回复: Re: How to set up the user permissions, to view all courses in the course category ?

by Ye Hellen -
Yes,I do it.But It still can't see.
In reply to Ye Hellen

Re: 回复: Re: How to set up the user permissions, to view all courses in the course category ?

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

What enrolment options have you turned on for the courses? And what role are you using? I'm guessing your user has a 'student' role and self enrolment has not been enabled for the courses in that category. Hence the error message.