Stuck on plugin check upgrade screen

Stuck on plugin check upgrade screen

by Kevin Bleier -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, using Moodle 2.9.8+ (on environment screen, says I'm using 20160915).  Was trying to install a new plugin for my teachers, and one of our other plugins said there was an update (gapfill type question).  So I clicked update but it says that I don't pass one of the requirements Moodle 2015051109 is in red ... that doesn't make sense to me because it seems like I have a newer version of Moodle than that. 

But I can't get past this screen because there is no button to cancel the upgrade of gapfill, and it won't let me upgrade the database with that area in red.  Tried to go to plugin menu and uninstall gapfill, but there is no uninstall button by that one.  Awesome.  Totally stuck.  Suggestions for getting unstuck?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Bleier

Re: Stuck on plugin check upgrade screen

by Kevin Bleier -

Hmm, further update.  So I learned that the particular version wanted Moodle version 2.9.9 (so why did it prompt me to try it in the first place? whatever).

I went in through my server and deleted the new gapfill folder and re-uploaded the version I had before.

And the screen looked much better!  That red problem gone, and now just installing the new plugins that I wanted.

So I go to "upgrade database now" ... and massive errors (screenshot below):

Suggestions about what to do now?

In reply to Kevin Bleier

by Kevin Bleier -

Update - did the following things:

1) Removed those plugins from my server, that at least cleared away the plugin check screen

2) Tried to update to the latest stable version of code (Moodle 2.9.9+) thinking that there was a code error problem as the error message suggests.  However when I loaded the new code, I just got the "data source does not exist" problem again and couldn't even trigger Moodle to update.  I reloaded the old code and I'm still okay, but it seems like I cannot add any plugins or do any updates.

Further context, I did briefly upgrade to Moodle 3.2, but ultimately downgraded again to 2.9.8 (by reloading the old database) when 3.2 didn't work like I wanted.  I googled the "data source class does not exist" problem and I found this: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-57936

I see the solution to remove some directories from the MoodleData folder ... but that kind of freaks me out, so just wanted to confirm that if I delete the entire directory folder  (i'll make a backup first of course), then Moodle will rebuild them when I reload the site?  Anyone else comment on this as a potential solution?

Thanks!

In reply to Kevin Bleier

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Yes, by all means, make backups of the directories you will manually remove.

Just to be clear .... please verify ... the *contents* of moodledata/cache/ and moodledata/localcache/ were the directories recommended to remove.

And yes, those will rebuild as one clicks around Moodle ... IF ownerships/permissions allow Moodle to re-create them and write to them.

'spirit of sharing', Ken