Security issue - authentification

Security issue - authentification

by Marta Mik -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

By accident I tried to log in to my company's courses with login data from our computer used at work. The login data to Moodle courses is different. However, I was still able to log in, I only received a message: Error: You cannot execute functions in the course context (course id: 1). The context error message was: Course or activity not accessible. After clicking ok, it took me to empty site. I used iOS.

I would like to ask how it is possible, that something like this appears - how Moodle can know my password and login data to my corporate account? Also, does it appear on other mobile systems?

I have asked this question on Moodle Tracker, but it was suggested that I will post it here - the response was the following:

"However, the problem you describe seems to be specific to your site, since I am unable to reproduce it on http://demo.moodle.net/".

Thank you in advance for reply!

Best regards,

Marta

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marta Mik

Re: Security issue - authentification

by Adam Jenkins -
Picture of Plugin developers

The most simple explanation I can think of is that a previous session was still active. Perhaps you had the login page open in a tab and had logged in and then closed a separate tab. The browser would keep you logged in but the error should in that case ask you to logout if you want to login again.

Or, your company might be doing some SSO magic that you haven't heard about yet.