REST-API: Activate second attempt for a quiz

REST-API: Activate second attempt for a quiz

by Alessandro Petrillo -
Number of replies: 2

Hello together

In one of our courses we have a quiz which the participants have to solve and they have only one attempt.

But they can buy a "re-exam" so they can solve the quiz a second time. So that we don't have to enable a second attempt manually over the administration page we want enable the second attempt over the REST-API automatically when we receive the payment. 

Unfortunately I didn't find the right API function for that. Does it exists? If yes, which one is it?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Alessandro 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alessandro Petrillo

Re: REST-API: Activate second attempt for a quiz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't think there is a web service API for this.

The quiz has the functionality which you can access through the Moodle UI. (Quiz administration -> User overrides). It would not be difficult to make a web service method for the same functionality. Someone just needs to code it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: REST-API: Activate second attempt for a quiz

by Kashmira Nagwekar -

We are working on 'Auto increment quiz time', a plugin to automatically extend the quiz time limit for users who encounter a network/hardware failure.

We need to execute a REST call to overrideedit.php from an external authenticated client. 

I would like to code a web service method for this. Could you please give me some directions as to where to start?