Quiz not working

Quiz not working

by Thomas Raybould -
Number of replies: 9

Hi. I have created a sorting match quiz on my Moodle site but when I go to view the quiz or to test it, it says no questions have been added but when i go into edit the quiz and click preview, the quiz runs fine. I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on how to eradicate this problem? Thanks, Tom.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Raybould

Re: Quiz not working

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which version of Moodle are you using? Perhaps you can do a screenshot of the quiz settings page you see as a teacher? So we can see that you have added the question to the quiz?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Thomas Raybould -

Here we go. Two screenshots of what I'm seeing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I can see the question in the question bank but can you take a screenshot of the Quiz itself to prove the question has been added to the quiz? Click on Quiz administration and then click Edit quiz and take a screenshot of what you see then?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Thomas Raybould -

Here you go

by Mary Cooch -

Thanks - so you have not added the question to the quiz. Click the Add link (top right in your screenshot) and then click From question bank. Then you will be taken to the question bank where your question is. Click in the box next to your question to add it to the quiz. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Thomas Raybould -

There seems to be a problem with this

by Mary Cooch -

You are saying when you click either Add or the little arrow beside Add, nothing opens up to reveal options? Have you tried on different browsers?

That might be something in your site settings which I'm not sure of at this time -how about starting again and redoing the question directly as you make the quiz? (As a workaround, not a long term solution because that link should open up) I'm not sure what your version of Moodle is but here is a screencast with the Administration block the same as yours, so see if you can follow it and get a quiz with a question included:

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Thomas Raybould -

Hi. I have tried everything - a different browser and restarting the quiz from scratch several times and nothing seems to work

by Mary Cooch -

What doesn't seem to work now?If you make the quiz again from scratch following the above screencast then the question should be in the quiz and it should work. What is the problem this time? Can you..

1. Make your quiz on our sandbox site demo.moodle.net to make sure it works fine
  2. Then please give as many details as you can about your Moodle site set up, version, browser, etc.

If you know how to do quick screencasts of the problem (the quiz not working) that would also be helpful.