Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

Howard Miller -
Vastausten määrä: 4
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Peer reviewers Kuva: Plugin developers

Short version - my (slightly) child theme of boost worked properly in 3.2 and doesn't work in 3.3. The most noticeable thing is that the burger icon is broken. 

My version...

...and inspecting the HTML

Switching to the vanilla Boost theme, the markup is different...

It's a font-awesome thingy.

Now, I don't have any templates overridden or any custom renderers. I don't even mention the menubars, fa-bars or anything like it in my theme. I'm really struggling to see why it is generating different markup. Any thoughts much appreciated. 

Arviointien keskiarvo: -
Vastaus Howard Miller

Re: Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

Howard Miller -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Peer reviewers Kuva: Plugin developers

Answering my own question, of course...

I had copied over the classes/output from 'boost' at some point and this was causing the problem. I can't remember why but simply deleting them has resolved this. I'll probably find out soon enough silmänisku

Vastaus Howard Miller

Re: Problem with burger icon in Boost child theme

Mary Cooch -
Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Moodle HQ Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Testers Kuva: Translators

(quote) Answering my own question, of course...

But of course.. that is why many of us ask questions on here, to be able to give ourselves the answersvirnistys