Prompt for payment from manually enrolled users

Prompt for payment from manually enrolled users

by Darren Pascoe -
Number of replies: 1

I'm trying to find a way by which manually enrolled users to a course are prompted to pay for a course the first time they access their account (or click on the course). I have activated the PayPal plugin for the relevant course but can't see a way to configure moodle to prompt for payment.

In an ideal world I'd also like to link payment from a user profile page. Some background to why I need this: I have preloaded members of our Search and Rescue team in to moodle. Upon first time login they are prompted to complete their user profile with extra info (this is effectively their membership form) but we also need a way in which we can collect their annual membership fee at the same time as unlocking their access to the training course.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Pascoe

Re: Prompt for payment from manually enrolled users

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

People are enrolled manually OR by PayPal, never both. If someone is manually enrolled, he/she is not prompted to pay because he/she is already enrolled.

Imagine you have 3 payment options available, if someone pays using PayPal, he/she should not be prompted again to pay using Authorize.net or Pagseguro. Once enrolled, a participant is never asked for money again.

If you want payment on module or section level, you can have a look at the availability PayPal.